Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me; is there a ferry service across the Chaleur Bay to any port on the S side of the Gaspé from New Brunswick? I have been googling this and can find nothing. We are planning a trip around NB and NS this summer and then meeting family in the Gaspé at Percé.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,804 Posts
I was just about to add........ Good timing. There was a trip discussion on this ferry issue somewhere here recently???????

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
I was just about to add........ Good timing. There was a trip discussion on this ferry issue somewhere here recently???????
The Texabama road trip next summer to Boston, Maine and Cape Breton with me, Will and Phil so far.

·
Premium Member
23,804 Posts
The Texabama road trip next summer to Boston, Maine and Cape Breton with me, Will and Phil so far.
I'll contact my lawyer and file divorce proceedings. The Wing's title is in my name only. See you next summer.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
I'll contact my lawyer and file divorce proceedings. The Wing's title is in my name only. See you next summer.
Would love to have you Lee. Will said he'd like to have a few more riders. Looks like Will's wife and mine will fly to Manchester, NH where we'll pick them up and ride another 14 hours to Cape Breton. Now I just need to find the cash to fund this 3+ week adventure trip.

·
Administrator
25,902 Posts
Trip around the Maritimes...PRICELESS; for everything else there's M/C:D

·
Administrator
25,902 Posts
Did some looking and I couldn't find any sign of a ferry From Chaleur Bay to Cape Breton. There is a ferry from North Sydney NS to Englishtown on CB but the easiest way to get there is to stay on the Trans Canada Hwy and cross the Canso Causway to the south shore of the Cape. Chaleur Bay to Cape Breton is a lot of water with PEI in the path along the voyage. There could be ferry links between the two islands from the mainland but I didn't come up with anything so far. Hopefully one of our Eastern province members can help.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Did some looking and I couldn't find any sign of a ferry From Chaleur Bay to Cape Breton. There is a ferry from North Sydney NS to Englishtown on CB but the easiest way to get there is to stay on the Trans Canada Hwy and cross the Canso Causway to the south shore of the Cape. Chaleur Bay to Cape Breton is a lot of water with PEI in the path along the voyage. There could be ferry links between the two islands from the mainland but I didn't come up with anything so far. Hopefully one of our Eastern province members can help.
Yea, I spent a lot of time googling this and have come up with nothing. I am most interested in going across the Chaleur Bay at some point like New Brandon New Brunswick for instance - across to say, New Carlisle West QC; any kind of crossing in that area.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
You could take the ferry from Caribu, Nova Scotia to PEI, the ferry from PEI to the Isles-de-la-Madeliene, and from there the ferry to Chandler. The ferry from PEI to the Isles runs daily, the ferry to Chandler is weekly. You can also reach PEI by the Confederation Bridge in New Brunswick.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could take the ferry from Caribu, Nova Scotia to PEI, the ferry from PEI to the Isles-de-la-Madeliene, and from there the ferry to Chandler. The ferry from PEI to the Isles runs daily, the ferry to Chandler is weekly. You can also reach PEI by the Confederation Bridge in New Brunswick.
The weekly Ferry to Chandler is a real possibility. How long a trip would that be. Do you have any idea of the cost of that as well?

Thanks so much for this info though, I have not been able to locate anything to this point.

I am curious, you seem to be from the Texas area - yet you have this info... how come? Are you a transplant by chance?

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
The trip from PEI to the Isles-de-la-Madeliene takes 5 hours. This website might be of help: www.traversierctma.ca. Information on the weekly run from the Ilses to Chandler can be found on this website: www.croisersctma.ca. I'm not sure of the cost or the time it takes to get to Chandler. Hope this information helps. I'm not from Cape Breton, actually, I'm a 6th generation Texan. My wife and I just fell in love with that area some years back and have spent a lot of time up there. Beautiful country and some of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure to know.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Will. I was born in Quebec and was in an orphanage. Adopted by Americans at 10 months and 50 years later me and my twin brother found our birth mom in Montreal. Have been going back for some ten years now and want to take a second trip to the Gaspé to see aunts and uncles this summer. It seems that the ferry to chandler is a stopover of a cruise from Montreal to the Isles. I can't see where we can pick it up on the Isles and take it to Chandler. I guess we will go around Chauler Bay. One of our stops is to stay with relatives in Caplan and then on to Percé to stay with family there.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Lakecharles - The ferry ride to PEI from Nova Scotia is free. You only pay to get off the Island. Sounds like a great trip. Send me some dates and places you would like to see in Nova Scotia. The Cabot Trail in Cape Breton is a must. Lots of other places to see. How long are you planning to be in Nova Scotia? If anyone else is coming this way, here is my email address if I can be of any assistance. [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts