Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I had just parked the Gwing in front of a Wing place (BBQ). I Kicked the stand down, and heard it snap in to place. As I eased the bike down, she went all the way down! My first word was SH#T. So were my second and third words. Just at that time a Harley rider was comming out of the wing (BBQ) place. He came right over to help, and commented on how nice Goldwings are! Told me that is the Caddie of bikes, mentioned he had laid his down twice etc... I commented on how nice his ride was. It really was a nice bike! and we wished each other a happy Independence day. Moral of the story. There are still plenty of nice people in the world. Don't be distracted when you are doing a job. My wife was talking to me while I was parking the bike. Normally I would be able to handle both of this tasks at the same time, however I was also chewing gum. That proved to be one task too many! THere was absolutelly no damage to the bike. I have ergo II highway pegs. She laied down on it, it slid up slightly, but no damage!

Happy Birthday America:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
FL-510,
Are you sure your 2nd and 3rd words were SH#T? Mine wouldn't have been. Glad you did not damage the bike. Nice story! The big question I have is how was the BBQ?
Rob

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
OOPS! I get an uneasy feeling when the wife mounts and dismounts even with the stand properly down. That flight landing check list is important. Can't honestly say I remember going through the list every time but your little episode is another reminder. Thank's for the " memories ". On the plus side, you can bet your co-pilot will have that check list in hand.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
LMAO I have been a Harley rider for 30 years! This year I bought the Wing and I would not even consider buying a Harley now after riding the Wing! I have had mixed reviews on the Bike from my old ridin crews! We are all in the the same wind on the same roads so my belief is that I would help anyone in trouble on a bike regardless of the make/ model of the bike. For that matter I would help anyone in need if I could!

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
We have more in common with those that ride any brand bike than you may think. We share a love of riding on 2 (or 3) wheels, enjoying nature that is not possible in a cage, and a kindred spirit with those who enjoy the same. Ride safe whatever you ride..;

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
KS spring

My kick stand down spring is worn and weak, I think Ill replace it.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Nice story and I think what happened to you is more the norm than the opposite. I have never met an unhappy or unpleasnat rider who treated me with respect. Now in saying that, my Harley riders, or Paintshaker riders, and I have great fun badgering each other about the others bike. All in fun but I know who is the smarter rider. It is the one sitting on the back of my bike. She just knows everything.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Yes, good story. Sometimes that beloved pillion is like a right seater in the plane barking at you when you are trying to copy a clearance from ATC, increases the pilot workload and adds to the cockpit management. The Great Spirit interupted me (once) during a pre flight and caused me to leave the dipstick out of my airplane. Now when she starts talking I 'ask' her to finish with the car/truck stuff and re-start my walk-around from the very beginning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts