Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite riding spots?

Mine is the Pacific Coast Highway all the way through Malibu. Its a bit congested on weekends and during peak riding season, but on a Monday or Tuesday just before dusk or right after dawn its amazing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
there are a ton of great roads to ride in tennessee, but my two favorites are the skyway (about 60 miles) and the tail of the dragon (318 curves in 11 miles). but i love riding anywhere in the state.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What are your favorite riding spots?

Mine is the Pacific Coast Highway all the way through Malibu. Its a bit congested on weekends and during peak riding season, but on a Monday or Tuesday just before dusk or right after dawn its amazing.
I like the stretch of the ohio river between Cincinatti and Carrolton on u s 42 in Ky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Black Hills of South Dakota gets my vote. I would suggest taking the trip in June or July. The Sturgis rally is in August, and if rallys are your thing, that's good, but for the best riding pleasure, avoid the rally, and enjoy the roads, and scenery without all the trafic and noise.
The reason I like the Black Hills area is due to the fact that there is so much diversity. The pines, and curvey, scenic roads of the hills are great, but to bread-it-up a bit, you can easily travel to the "badlands", which is 60 miles east, or to Devils Tower Wyoming, about the same distance to the west.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Whitehorse, Yukon to Skagway, Alaska. Wonderful paved road, about a 5-hour cross-border round trip. Absolutely wonderful in the summer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love any road as long as I am on my wing, One of my favorite rides was Big Bend Texas, this ride has great curves,open road great view and much history. I also just put 1744 miles from san antonio to Santa Fe to go see the Loretto Chapel and the Miraculas Staircase. Santa Fe is beautiful, and the Chapel is a Great Mirical site to see. During this ride I was abel to really put the wing to the test. what a awesome bike this is! I cruzed at speeds at one time of 120 mph, and the bike wanted more, but I could not give it more ounce I saw the speedometer. this bike handles great and with so much comfort.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just did a ride today. Highway 89 and 89A in Arizona. The run is about 90 miles (244 for a complete round trip) of tight turns and mountain scenery. Not as many turns as the Dragon but it tosses in a bunch of 6% grades to add some excitement.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A large percentage of the GA/NC/TN riders have been through the beautiful Nantahala Gorge between Andrews and Bryson City, NC but few have seen Lake Nantahala. About the best loop in the area is from US 74 at the west end of the gorge 25miles across Wayah Rd (county road 1442, State Bicycle Route 2) past the lake and into Franklin, NC. This is freshly paved 1st class road following the Nantahala River for about 10 miles. From Franklin take NC 28 back up to US74 and then west through the gorge. Total of about 70 breathtaking miles of very twisty roads. The dragon has nothing on either 1442 or 28.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't been around the country riding except for here in the south. My favorite is the Natchez Trace Parkway. Start from either end depending on which direction you're heading; going south/west start in Nashville, TN; going north/east start in Natchez, MS. Great riding in the spring and fall. The summer is quite hot.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just about any road in the Huntsville, Conroe, Montgomery Texas area. Tall pine forest and winding roads. The ride up 149 from Montgomery takes you on a tree shaded 2 lane with more curves than a super model. It is a short ride but a real bike hangout awaits you at the other end.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Done the Natchez Trace Parkway. The lower end is beautiful and flat with pine forest. Pontotoc, MS north to Nashville is beautiful and twisty and up and down and has lots of hardwoods for Fall foliage.

You gotta do the whole thing!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I love riding across the Skyway Bridge in the Tampa / St Petersburg, Florida area.

It's also peacefull ride on SR 80 between east Palm Beach and Belle Glade, Florida.

·
Registered
20 Posts
there are a ton of great roads to ride in tennessee, but my two favorites are the skyway (about 60 miles) and the tail of the dragon (318 curves in 11 miles). but i love riding anywhere in the state.
I agree! But if I dont have time and need a quick ride in Chattanooga I cross Suck Creek Mountain then north to return back on Henson Gap and back down to home. The Suck Creek Grocery makes a good sandwich.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts