Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son, Tristan, came up for Father’s Day. I promised him if he completed the motorcycle training course I would let him ride the Yamaha. He took it last month in Hattiesburg. We went for a fairly short ride in the morning for about 75 miles. We went out the Trace to Ratliff’s Ferry Road and over to Hwy 17 and 43 to Canton. We rode a little further by adding on Hwy 22 to 463 and Gluckstadt Road then home. It was only about 70 miles with some good curves and a few traffic lights to help him get used to the bike. He did just fine on that big bike. I hope he will come up so we can ride a full day soon and we talked about a weekend trip up to Shiloh National Military Park. We had an ancestor in a Michigan Regiment that fought there at the Hornets Nest. I would really like to take two weeks and ride up to Michigan and visit family and ride up around the top of the mitten. But we will have to see how much time each of us has. That is what I call a good Father's Day.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Glad you had a good ride Mark. Nice of good old dad to loan his other bike out.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Wish our son rode, don't spend near enough time with him.
Sounds like you had a nice, if short ride Mark.

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
Mark. My " junior " sold his crotch rocket ! Hurray . I told him next year let's get him a bike we can ride as a team.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Great Fathers Day treat. My son and I ride occasionally but he rides one of those Brand X bikes. Ya know the noisy ones. :)

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Awesome...My son will take a course in New Mexico in 2 months. You should put him on the Trace. What a cool Fathers Day.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Looks like you had a great Fathers' Day present. Enjoy the times together and ride safe..

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Outstanding, Mark! Thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Great Times Mark, good for you guys. Good looking young man as well. I'm sure you are one Proud Papa!

Wish our son rode, don't spend near enough time with him.
Me too Ron, I have 2 boys & neither share my passion for racing or motorcycles.:(

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He is a good kid, even if I wanted to kill him numerous times between the ages of 15 to 20. (In Mississippi that is legal, at least that is what I always told him.) Fortunately for him I let him live. We would have ridden longer but he had to go back to “study” which I’m pretty sure is code for girlfriend. He does have a chemistry exam today so maybe he did do some studying.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
He is a good kid, even if I wanted to kill him numerous times between the ages of 15 to 20. (In Mississippi that is legal, at least that is what I always told him.) Fortunately for him I let him live. We would have ridden longer but he had to go back to “study” which I’m pretty sure is code for girlfriend. He does have a chemistry exam today so maybe he did do some studying.
Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Alabama Law Code 10-5150 states "Anything I have to do to them while between the ages 13-20 that result's in death will be seen as self defense";)...My 17 year old actually looked it up. I told him it was in some of the unwritten law.....Commonly known as "Common Law". "Son, I am a History teacher....Who would know better than me?"

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Commonly known as "Common Law".
Ha! I like that. I told mine it was thought of as eliminating a problem...and a possible future drain on society.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
The would have been a great fathers day to me also

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Mark. My " junior " sold his crotch rocket ! Hurray . I told him next year let's get him a bike we can ride as a team.
so your son is going to ge a hack :confused:
great job mark, get him out riding as often as you can

1 - 15 of 15 Posts