Honda Goldwing Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I met with our Incident Meteorologist this morning and the weather forecast for Guntersville;
Thursday, high of 79, sunset is 18:16

Friday, sunrise is at 06:47 and it will be 61, high of 80 with a 10% chance of rain in the afternoon, sunset is 18:15.

There is a 40% chance of rain overnight with a frontal passage. Normally for the south that is a band of rain the passes through, not much before or after.

Saturday, sunrise is at 06:48 and it will be 56, high of 63 with a 20% chance of rain, sunset is at 18:14.

Sunday, sunrise is at 06:49 and it will be 43, high of 70.

I will be finishing packing tonight and headed there in the morning. Here is my route, nice back roads with a stop in Alabama at a Civil War History marker of where Nathan Forrest attacked a Union cavalry raid as it crossed Locust River, May 1, 1863.
https://goo.gl/maps/5qWg9AJyuyTTA83a6

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Damn, what a great weekend. Big thanks to everyone who came down. We had perfect weather and some really good roads. Special thanks to @crownfire for letting me captain the ship. I had a blast, can't wait to see another M n G on the wire.

·
Super Moderator
13,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
An awesome weekend and letting Phil show us some great back roads in Alabama topped it off.

Pictures;
1, 2, & 3. I stopped on the way at a place where on May 1, 1863 General Forrest contested this crossing of Col. Streights Union raiding party, eventually wearing him down to where the Union forces surrendered about 75 miles north of here.
4. I was outnumbered by fake GWOF Iron Butt hats the first two nights.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Pictures;
1. The fastest color bike was the most numerous on this get together
2. We rode up some good back roads east and north of Guntersville on Friday morning. County Road 33 had some very tight curves.
3. Oh, look! A brewery! Straight to Ale, Huntsville for lunch
4. Oh, look! Another brewery! Yellow Hammer, Huntsville
5. Local guide

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Pictures;
1. We did our best to keep up with Phil over some awesome back roads in Alabama. Along 227 near Lake Guntersville State Park, my bike went over 15,000 miles on the odometer.
2. Noccalula Falls, but someone forgot to turn on the faucet.....
3. Little River Canyon, surprised me how deep a gorge this is.
4. The group, sorry you missed it.
5. Big Mill, Fort Payne, our stop for lunch

We had a great time. Those of you who had a problem with their big toe, maybe you can make it next time.

>:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Thanks to everyone for making it a great time. I am still on the road but when I get home I will start posting pics. The cow will make a presents when I get a chance to post it.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
So glad everyone made it back safe. I am always amazed with the amount of Meet n Greets we have done over the years with very limited catastrophes. I'm not what sure that is attributed to, but I am definitely grateful. Let's keep that trend going!!!!! Thanks again for a great time.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Sorry we had to miss it, (especially since it was one of our favorite ‘go to’ weekend rides, for lots of years), looks like a great time, but couldn’t work in two different fun events in one weekend. Our plans were put in place, way before I knew about the M&G and kept hoping the date would change. However, will catch up with you all next time.

·
Super Moderator
27,608 Posts
So glad everyone made it back safe. I am always amazed with the amount of Meet n Greets we have done over the years with very limited catastrophes. I'm not what sure that is attributed to, but I am definitely grateful. Let's keep that trend going!!!!! Thanks again for a great time.
It is a good thing when everyone arrives, and returns safely. Wish we could have been there, but on a brighter note my big toe is feeling better. :DramaLlama:

BCC2020..BCC2020..BCC2020

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
It is a good thing when everyone arrives, and returns safely. Wish we could have been there, but on a brighter note my big toe is feeling better. :DramaLlama:

BCC2020..BCC2020..BCC2020
I wish y'all could have been there too. I really miss you guys. Nonetheless, I am overjoyed about the status of your big toe:elated:

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Some pics
1 . The sign
2. The waterfall ???
3. DUI check point

Attachments

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Pics of the group

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Jinx do you have any of the videos?? :smile2:

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Jinx do you have any of the videos?? :smile2:
I do but I have no way , that I know of to post them. I don't belong to youtube or any of those types social media.

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
I do but I have no way , that I know of to post them. I don't belong to youtube or any of those types social media.
If they are not huge, email them to me and I'll host them on my Youtube channel for ya and post them here. alwims "at sign" gmail.com

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
If they are not huge, email them to me and I'll host them on my Youtube channel for ya and post them here. alwims "at sign" gmail.com
I will see if I can reduce the size but right now the 24 min. clips are about 3.5gb.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts