Honda Goldwing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
SATURDAY OCT. 12th Ride Options!!!
Crownfire had mentioned the possibility of riding to Barber's Museum on Saturday. He also wanted me to come up with an alternative option for those that are more interested in riding some twisties. We can all do the same one or split up and Mark take a group to Barber's and I take a group to a different option.

So here goes....
Option 1 - This ride is 205 miles and is an all day obligation
A. Ride to Barber's Museum and the surrounding area and possibly visit some of the breweries in Birmingham.
B. Al. Hwy 25 "Alabama Dragon"
C. Lunch TBA
D. Eagle Vision Cycles
E. Back home through Bucks Pocket and Lake Guntersville State Park
F. Supper and Main Channel Brewery
https://goo.gl/maps/oBqhXJxHWFeFgfEZA

Option 2 - This ride is shorter than the others but ends at a Brew Fest that features over 30 breweries. Tickets at this event are $40 per person.
A. Lake Guntersville Loop
B. Wyeth Mountain Road
C. High Falls Park
D. Bucks Pocket Overlook
E. Little River Canyon
F. Lunch at Vintage 1889 (This restaurant is very cool because its in an old Sock Mill and Antique Store)
G. Mountain Town Hop Fest is 2:00 to 6:00. We can stay as long or as little as you want.

Option 3 - I normally carry folks to the beautiful waterfalls. Unfortunately we are in the middle of a serious drought and they are just tall walls of rock. Nonetheless, pretty rocks. This ride is 158 but will take a lot of time since it has several stops.
A. Noccalula Falls Gadsden, Al.
B. Little River Canyon and Little River Falls
C. Lunch at Vintage 1889 in Fort Payne
D. Buck's Pocket State Park
E. Langston Gap Road
F. Weathington Overlook
G. The Docks Restaurant for Supper.
https://goo.gl/maps/DrUQjg7pEkQoQiNu5

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Phil mentioned dry. That can be a problem for me so I may need to borrow his eraser. Right now I'm still planning to attend. But if we start having wildfires over the weekend I may have to pass.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Phil mentioned dry. That can be a problem for me so I may need to borrow his eraser. Right now I'm still planning to attend. But if we start having wildfires over the weekend I may have to pass.
Totally understand....Based on the lack of response to this thread, I understand if you guys want to try something different or wait for a better time. Just give me a heads up and make sure you let the Hotel know in plenty of time.

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Come Monday I will know for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
So what is the count as of today and who will be showing up on Thursday besides me ?

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
We got 4 showing up Thursday....2 more Friday...

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Well it looks like the start of my trip is going to be in the rain. Will be leaving in the morning for Lexington , SC to help a friend wire his new she shed . Then on Thursday will be leaving there for the M&G. See everyone at the M&G.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
We would love to come, but Dustin & Laura's wedding takes top priority as we can't do 2, 625 miles, one-way, trips that close together. You all have fun though.

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I have a leave paper signed so will be riding over there on Thursday. See y'all there. I'll be looking for you Beve and Jinx. We'll go grab a beer and find something for dinner.

Then we can figure out where to ride Friday.

We would love to come, but Dustin & Laura's wedding takes top priority as we can't do 2, 625 miles, one-way, trips that close together. You all have fun though.
Perfectly understandable. See you Friday before the wedding.

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Maybe something like this on Friday:

https://goo.gl/maps/61L91fsCM6u1HwoU9

I looked up some good motorcycle roads and these are the Guntersville to Scottsborro and Crow Mountain Loop roads.

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Of course there are a couple covered bridges in the area.

https://goo.gl/maps/TBw7yKvrm759zQ5m6

Jinx, if you want something interesting to look at while you wait on the rest of us, you can drive across Horton-Mill Bridge. But come in from the north, cross the bridge, then take a walk around to the east where you can look at the piling holding it up. Don't look before you cross it...…;)

·
Super Moderator
11,320 Posts
Hmm, I think I'll avoid that one. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
I have to work Thursday and Friday but plan on catching up with you guys in the afternoon. This is actually shaping up better than I expected:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
So something I thought I would never say. I am in Jackson Hole WY right now. I LOVE WY.....I am and will be up for any ride in the Great State of Alabama come this weekend :grin2::wink2:

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
So something I thought I would never say. I am in Jackson Hole WY right now. I LOVE WY.....I am and will be up for any ride in the Great State of Alabama come this weekend :grin2::wink2:
You will get the prize for travelling the farthest to get to Alabama. Don't forget to take that left turn at Albuquerque!

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Good grief!!!......You have covered some ground in the last couple weeks. There was a time I would envy you, but now I think I would be in misery. I'd just have to amputate my neck and throw it in the weeds. I'll see you in the Great State of Alabama.

·
Premium Member
23,675 Posts
Good grief!!!......You have covered some ground in the last couple weeks. There was a time I would envy you, but now I think I would be in misery. I'd just have to amputate my neck and throw it in the weeds. I'll see you in the Great State of Alabama.
I feel your pain. Dang right leg.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 100 Posts