Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... You'll Have To Find Out What Type Of Plastic It Is To Get The Correct Material For The Repair ... If It Is Light Damage You Might Be Able To Just Use A Bond-o For The Repair ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the damage I have is real bad. where the fairing bolts down to the metal plate the section with the studs has broken out

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a lot of success with a product called Plastex when I did repairs on the plastic on my old Venture. I assume the plastic on the wing is a similar material, but not 100% sure. The Plastex bonds at a molecular level and will give an unbelievabley strong bond.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found another website where an owner used abs glue to repair his. the way it read he was even making molds out of clay and pouring it full and making some small parts. I tried this and so far it has worked fine but the test is when I start down the road. Right now I am letting it cure out for several days. Plan on taking it out on Saturday and see how it holds up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You Might Also Try J-b Weld. That Stuff Will Even Adhear To Cast Iron. I Used It On A Crack In The Engine Block (external) Of An Old Farmall Tractor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts