Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am in the process of replacing the fairing on my 87 aspencade. I pulled the old off and transferred all components from the original to the replacement fairing. I am in the process of bolting it back on the frame and noticed that the alignment seems to be wider on the replacement vs. the original. I was told I bought a replacement from an aspencade but wondered if I have a replacement from an interstate. Is there a difference between them?

Thank you in advance,

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I there are many differences between the 2 models and it could very well be a fairing from a interstate. Have you got any pics??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any pics and the two fairings look the same but when I went to bolt it on, the sides had to be pushed way in to get the holes to line up on the side. So much that the tank shelter will not fit. I thought maybe the bolt alignment or the overall fairing is wider on an aspencade vs interstate or vice versa.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I'll do some digging when I get to the office tomorrow. As far as I know the mounts should be identical, only the actual dash panel/instrument layout should be different on the Aspy compared to the Int.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks for jumping in Budoka because I looked through the manual here and does not say anything about size difference!! Just instrument panel is way different!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
I'll do some digging when I get to the office tomorrow. As far as I know the mounts should be identical, only the actual dash panel/instrument layout should be different on the Aspy compared to the Int.
thats what i was thinking when i read this post. for honda to make two different fairings would not be cost effective

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help guys....It doesn't make sense to me either. I have bolted the fairing back the way it came off but the tank shelter is not squeezing in place unless I unbolt one side or the other of the fairing.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
The fairings are the same, right down to the part numbers. The cowl stays (fairing mount/frame) are also the same. I'm wondering if you somehow got a Hondaline fairing with the mounts for a CB750/900? The fairing looks the same, but the mounts would be different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts