Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the side fairing lights for the Aspy and went to install them. Did this on my 95 SE 15 years ago and it was a simple issue. Took out the fairing lights and a plug was right there below the two top pockets, plugged them in, and voila! I had lights.
Just as the instructions said.

Tonite, I did the same thing to my new to me 92 Aspy, and there aren't any plugs that I can find anywhere under the pockets to connect with. I have taken off the whole front lower, and both side fairing upper/lower covers, and nowhere can I find a "green plug'.

What am I doing wrong?? Need some help on this one. Appreciate any help anyone might want to offer. There doesn't seem to be any kimpshey-rigged type add-ins from the PO. Nothing looks out of place, etc

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
which fairing lights are you refering to the ones beside the head light or the cornering lights in front of the engine? aspencades did not come from the factory with cornering lights ( only SE wings )

·
Registered
515 Posts
Or maybe he's upgrading the fairing side reflectors to lights? The earliest 15 I had was a '96, it had the plugs under the pockets, not sure about '92.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
my '93 had the side reflectors upgraded to lights by the po

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
detdrbuzzard/whacker: Thanx for your responses! I am upgrading the side fairing reflectors to lights just above the fan vents. I found one of the green plugs (left side) this morning when I went out early to "get a fresh set of eyeballs" on the situation. I am going to look for the other one now.

Whacker-under the pockets is where the instructions said the plugs would be-& that is where they were on my 95. I am keeping my fingers x'd!

Thanx again for your responses!

Galen

·
Registered
470 Posts
My '88 has the plugs too.P.O. changed out the reflectors to lights. I'm upgrading to super bright L.E.D.'s......they fit perfectly on the lens..running lights + REALLY bright turn signals...:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All,
There was some down-home wiring going on.. Found the wires - got everything soldered back & connected up correctly. Looks great. Thanx for all the comments. Appreciate it.

See you on the high ground
Galen

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Each picture is worth 1000 words...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts