Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my goldwing and it has a knob to control the bike speakers right behind the ignition switch. It is not working, most of the sound is in the right speakers. Was this a common add on? If so, does anyone know where to get a replacement and know the wiring configuration? I use helmet speakers now but would like to get the bike speakers working correctly.

thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
If it's a chrome knob and it's on an Aspencade it's most likely an aftermarket add on. The fader knob on an SE is on the left side controls. It's something you can order from the forum sponsor www.wingstuff.com
You can purchase just the harness.
You may also want to upgrade the speakers too, I got rid of the original OEM and dropped in a new set of J&M waterproof speakers, you can get a complete kit for the rear with wiring harness.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, it is a chrome knob like the one from wing stuff. Does the fader control front to back balance or can you control the balance of all four speakers? (left right front back)

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
The fader knob normally gives you front only, rear only and front & rear together.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You said your problem is right side only, the fader will control front to back not side to side. are both left side speakers not working? If only 1 left side is not working maybe you just have a bad speaker or bad wire.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would look at the back of the fader control as they were very fragile. I always installed the control in the left pocket. the ignition cover comes off every time there is any service work necessary and caused the fragile solder connections to break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts