Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the Honda factory trunk rack installed on my 2010 Wing and will say I'm a bit disapointed. Had I known how small it was I would have gone aftermarket but that is water under trhe bridge at this point. Going forward dose anyone know of a trunk bag that works on the factory trunk rack? Having a 2 pound weight limit on the rack further complicates the issue. Seems as the only purpose having it is to give me something more to detail.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Aint it swell....

I too bought the honda trunk ornament and it does look nice. But I soon discovered the 2 pound limit and yes it is about useless as a tie down. I tie light and bulky stuff to it and, after detailing and jambing my fingers waxing around it, I forget it is there. I think the weight limit is there so we dont stress crack the trunk lid. I figure the other manufacturers have the same problem. Pretty yes, functional no.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Kuryakin lists the weight limit of their rack at 5 lbs. Mine holds featherweight stuff, bike raincover, rainsuit (s), gloves, maybe a jacket liner depending weather. My wife doesn't get to pack that bag, ever.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My wife doesn't get to pack that bag, ever.
Wish i had the b#lls to say that to my wife when we pack for a trip :p

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I used to have her "weight trained" prettywell in the old days of the 750 and limited space. One Cordura saddlebag each and a small duffle on the sissy bar rack. This included our bed rolls and the tent btw. Things got much better on the 1200 and then the trailer came along, and finally the 1500 w/trailer. Our first jaunt on the 1800 I just about fell over with the stuff she had in the trunk liner bag. She had the trunk and one saddlebag, I had the other saddlebag. Naturally she had all her heavy stuff in the bigger trunk bag, so I had to do a bit of re-organising and weight awareness instruction. She got over it well enough (I think), and to her credit,it had been 15 years since we went on a long distance bike run. Just did day trips since she couldn't quite abide the stereos on my crusiers (twin pipes har har).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts