Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to store my bike for winter.
Am I ok to take a hose and wash it, soap it and rinse
Or
Should I just wipe it down?

Any recommendations on products to be used?

Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wash & Wax ... especially the chrome area's, and Wax the rim's, I've seen too many rims get ugly because on non care..........Change the oi/filter....................place fuel stablize'rr in a full tank of fuel (let bike run for approx 5 minutes/to allow stablize'rr to get into the injuctors) place a battery maintaine'rr on the battery....Kiss her good night, and cove'rrr her up with a breathable cover (Don't use plastic, this will cause condensation to stay on the bike all winter (and will in the end, cause rust..) and most of all DO NOT START BIKE, DURING THE WINTER this will just cause more condensation..

I put mine away last week myself!
Ronnie

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wash & Wax ... especially the chrome area's, and Wax the rim's, I've seen too many rims get ugly because on non care..........Change the oi/filter....................place fuel stablize'rr in a full tank of fuel (let bike run for approx 5 minutes/to allow stablize'rr to get into the injuctors) place a battery maintaine'rr on the battery....Kiss her good night, and cove'rrr her up with a breathable cover (Don't use plastic, this will cause condensation to stay on the bike all winter (and will in the end, cause rust..) and most of all DO NOT START BIKE, DURING THE WINTER this will just cause more condensation..

I put mine away last week myself!
Ronnie
Thanks for detailed instructions.
Am I am okwash the dashboard panel... I know we ride in rain...so its not different...
But washing...then scrubing with soap...then wash... panel will survive???
Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd stay away from the dashboard, with a garden hose, (try wetting a cloth, and clean up with a damp cloth) I know we ride in rain BUT the less H2O on the dash the better!

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
just don't put it away........... ride it all winter.............. I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I park mine for July and August........... do damn hot to ride......... unless you are trying to roast a turkey or something

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just don't put it away........... ride it all winter.............. I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I park mine for July and August........... do damn hot to ride......... unless you are trying to roast a turkey or something
It is hard to ride in negative temp and with snow about few cms.... :)
so we let our babies hibernate and get then ready for summers....
Up North... summers are not bad...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
It is hard to ride in negative temp and with snow about few cms.... :)
so we let our babies hibernate and get then ready for summers....
Up North... summers are not bad...
yeah I know........... I have 2 daughters living in the Maritimes and a Brother in law and all his brood also..... my wife is from PEI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts