Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an extreme ride for a true CAT rider. I am planning to ride my CB250RS 1980 Honda from Adelaide to Newcastle in NSW just north of Sydney.
That is 1000 miles. I am planning to get on the bike when I get off my last job at work. Then ride for about 400 miles. Depends on what time the train gets in from Perth as to how far I ride.
If I can get 400 miles in the first day that will leave 600 mile for the second day. The ride before the USA trip. Eric

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
You are the man. That's the way to build up the stamina.

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
I think this thread belongs in the Iron Butt Ride forum. 400 miles on a CB250 ? No highway pegs, no back rest, no seat to speak of, no RADIO.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Eric PM sent to you.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I think this thread belongs in the Iron Butt Ride forum. 400 miles on a CB250 ? No highway pegs, no back rest, no seat to speak of, no RADIO.
No highways pegs or back rest on mine...yet. My stock seat is ok and as for radio, never thought I 'd like it but I do. I think the lack of a windshield would make it hard. When I was looking at bikes last year I test rode an older naked Nighthawk. Bike ran great but with the lack of a windshield felt like the wind was trying to peel me off the bike. That's a good ride Eric on your little bike. Ride safe good friend.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
When I was looking at bikes last year I test rode an older naked Nighthawk. Bike ran great but with the lack of a windshield felt like the wind was trying to peel me off the bike.
Like this Dan??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Like this Dan??
That's the one minus the fly screen. Would have bought but looked like it was out in the weather maybe under a carport without a bike cover and had allot of metal oxidation. Ran like a scaled cat though. Those in- line 4's are sweet motors and sound good too.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
That's the one minus the fly screen. Would have bought but looked like it was out in the weather maybe under a carport without a bike cover and had allot of metal oxidation. Ran like a scaled cat though. Those in- line 4's are sweet motors and sound good too.
PM sent.....

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
You can say that again about the Ran like a scaled cat just try to stay behind fossil on a moening ride.:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
You can say that again about the Ran like a scaled cat just try to stay behind fossil on a moening ride.:eek:
I can see why Eric and Bill like these smaller bikes. They run like a bat out of hell, they're a hoot to ride and is what true motorcycling is all about.:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I rang my daughter up in Newcastle and taking the 250 over there is not going to work. I thought there was room for my youngest son to learn to ride around her house. My youngest son and daughter are staying with her while we are in the states. I was looking forward to taking the bike over. Dam. Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts