Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
My thoughts............Yes, and the reason being is Kawasaki based. I have a ZZR-1200 also. I bought the extended warrenty on Ebay from a Kawasaki dealer I believe in Arizona. Saved like 300 compared to what the local dealer quoted. It had a cam failure during the extended warrenty period. Kawa picked up the entire cost. Very EXPENSIVE engine work. Others have sold their bikes and buyers like knowing they have warrenty to protect themselves. The WING has alot of systems that could cost alot of money to repaire. One trip to the shop during the extended warrenty period and you are ahead. And again you might have to have the New Wing that should come out next year in a few years and need to sell this one. It's still a roll of the dice as to if it will truly pay for itself. But is comfort of mind...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
On going question.
Answer is, no if you never need it. Yes, should you have a major failure!
You are betting Mother Honda you will have a failure, Honda is betting you won't.
It's up to you.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Up here, an extra 24 months goes for $1300 (dealers can charge less) so it's a bit of a crap shoot like tf says. These days with shop rates and parts costs what they are, it's pretty cheap peace of mind, and something I'm certainly thinkig of. One trip to the shop when she's off warranty and the value is already there.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Think of it this way. If you are spending $20k on a new motorcycle and someone says to you, "for 2.5% more I'll cover your bike for any problems for 7 years", would you take them up on it. I did. I had it on my 98 GL1500 and the front cylinder lost oil pressure on the way to the Honda Hoot in Knoxville. Broke down in VA. 4 days later, total repairs were over $2,300. My cost was $9 bucks for overnight shipment of a part that the dealer did not have in stock. So yea, for me it was worth it. Others will tell you it's a waste of $$ because Wings don't break.. Your bike, your gamble, your decision.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Enjoy the forum and Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
extended warranty

I paid 600 for 4 years so yes its worth it. 1300 for 2 years is a gouge so shop around. Not all is covered but the main items are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts