Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help, I'm looking to get a little louder exhaust note from my 09 1800, without having to spend a lot of money for new mufflers... :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
exhaust

I was in Myrtle Beach, S. C. for the bike rally with my 2010 wing and saw a few there with cobra exhaust systems on them. Nice sound but not loud like the HD's there. I can find them for all but the 2010 for me so am still trying to find some that fit mine. Does anyone know if 2010's are same as 09,08 07 or older wings??? Wish us both luck .
Safe riding.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
If I had to guess, which I will, I would say they are the same. I'm not sure if a different exhaust does anything to the ECM module or fuel injection programming though. Maybe someone who has done the exchange or knows more about it could chime in on this one.

You could do what I saw one guy do at the Honda Hoot a few years back. He had a tape recording of the Harley exhaust sound and played it really loud through his speakers. LOL...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There are some after market systems that have adustable baffels in them, yopu might look on e-bay for some. You could try that or I put the turn downs on my 08 and it does change the sound a little, not a lot just enough. Find someone with them and listen to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
exhaust

LoL!!! Thats funny two wheel wing. Had not thought of that.
I saw a system on ebay that I talked to the seller about andf he said it would fit. Also told me that only thing that had to be done is to put a K&N Filter on it to breath better but no computer tuning. I'm just not sure if it will a 2010 because I looked up number he gave me and it was for a 2001-2005 gl1800 goldwing according to Cobra.
I wish some one that knows would let us know about fitment.
(Dealers or salemen) on here. Lastly the baffles on the cobras would come out so they would be pretty loud and tin canny probably, but the ones I heard on a 2008 sounded deep and clean,not raspy.

Just m h o.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Buy a Harley

Need help, I'm looking to get a little louder exhaust note from my 09 1800, without having to spend a lot of money for new mufflers... :confused:
Not to be cheeky, but if you want loud pipes, why didn't you buy a Harley? I bought a wing to get away from ringing ears.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Cobra

A friend of mine gave me a set of the Cobra slash cut mufflers he bought in 06 and they fit my 2010 wing no problem. Oh yeah if stock is a 1 these are a 2 on the 1-10 scale.

·
Registered
34 Posts
exhaust sound

Hi i put on the new cobra tri ovals on about 3 weeks ago install took about 15 min bike sounds great like a hot rod you can still hear each other talk on the high way and the looks of the pipes are great

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed the Cobra Tri-Ovals on my 2010 last week. I think they were $420ish on wingstuff.com. IMO, the looks are almost worth the price.
I rode the bike about 300 miles today. Good sound. The bike runs great... I can't really tell any difference in performance from the stock exhaust. Sounds kinda like a V-8 with duals at idle. Sounds kinda like a Porche when running down the road.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Now this is interesting. On an HD site where I have a trike thread, there is an HD owner looking for a quieter exhaust and over here its the opposite.
You can also try Torque Master mufflers for a tad more sound.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I had a bit of trouble deciding between the Cobras and the Torqmasters. Cobra made my choice easy when they refused to answer any of my emails regarding warranty and tuning requirements. I love my Kingsnakes, they look great, sound awsome, and when you open the tap they are not unlike a Porsche 959...sweet. I have the extra baffles for them, but don't use them, the sound is just fine as is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Now this is interesting. On an HD site where I have a trike thread, there is an HD owner looking for a quieter exhaust and over here its the opposite.
You can also try Torque Master mufflers for a tad more sound.
That is funny... Most folks wouldn't like the exhaust on my Ultraglide. I have the V & H Big Shot duals... basically straight pipes with some baffles in the end and then (on mine) a set of fish-tails. Nice look and great sound (I think, anyway).

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I'm a fan of V&H products, had the Long Shots on my Vulcan 95". Loud but sweet. What most riders with pipes have to realized it has alot to do with how much right wrist you are using when and where that makes the pipes pleasing or obnoxious.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
It's kind of funny a Harley owner wanting a quiet bike and a Wing owner wanting loud exhaust. Funny thing on another Wing Board someone wants to put 'Ape Hangers' on a Wing.
I have a simple solution those who want quiet bikes stand on the left and those who want loud ones go to the right; Okay everybody swap titles, keys and registrations. Next contestants You want ape hangers on a Wing and you want tupperware on your Ultra, do the same. Everybody should be happy now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts