Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 GL1200 SEI, that I just purchased a couple of weeks ago. It's my first wing. I bought it knowing it had an exhaust leak between the pipes and the muffler. Ordered some new gaskets/seals for the joint between the pipes and mufflers. I got the new parts and here is the problem now. The end of the pipes that is supposed to go inside the muffler is rotted away.:eek: Everything else is fine. The replacements have all been discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find the right and left header pipes with the "Y" on it? I am also open to other suggestions. Please help, my bike is sitting in pieces unridable.

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I was not able to find a lot from my searching the web. I did find one company mentioned, "Motad SS exhaust system". It looks like a company out of UK and seems to be very expensive. I hope you don't have to go that route. Try posting a "wanted to buy" on the site and other Goldwing sites and maybe someone will have an old one around. Check eBay and Craigslist as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have started to post on others sites also. Hoping to find someone with an old set.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Have you tried a motorcycle salvage yard? Do a search and see what comes up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts