Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, but thought everyone would like to hear about the excellent customer service I received when my Wing broke down during our vacation to New England.

This past weekend, my wife and I were riding our 2008 Honda Goldwing from our home in Virginia to Boothbay Harbor, ME. When we stopped for fuel in Manchester, NH we noticed a severe coolant leak from the left radiator.

I called AMA roadside service and had the bike towed to Naults Honda Powerhouse, which was the nearest dealer. It was Sunday so the dealership was closed and I was reluctant to leave the bike out in the parking lot overnight.

Fortunately, Naults Cyclery was located right next door and was open so I went inside to see if they could help secure the bike for the night. Without hesitation, Johnny, one of the employees, said that we could store the bike overnight in one of the store's storage bays and that the next day he would let the motorcycle shop know that my bike was there. Johnny even jumped up on the flat bed tow-truck to help get my bike off and it was a good thing he did because when the tow-truck operator released one of the tie-down straps the Wing lurched forward and began to fall on its right side. Only Johnny's quick reaction prevented the bike from going over.

On Monday, I arrived at Naults Honda Powerhouse at 9am and talked with Brian, the General Manager. I explained to him that I was from out of town on vacation with my wife and that my Wing had a severe coolant leak. He told me the service dept was normally closed on Mondays, but that Shawn, his mechanic, sometimes showed up anyway to get caught-up on work. Brian told me he would get my Wing from the cycle shop and get to work on it as soon as he could.

Brian called me later that day to tell me Shawn came in and found the problem right away. Apparently, when the Wing was assembled a wiring harness was mis-routed and that caused the cooling fan to come in contact with and bore a hole in the radiator. Shawn had repaired one other Goldwing with the same problem, and he told me that when Johnny called him at home to tell my bike was leaking coolant, Shawn already had a pretty good idea what the problem was.

Brian had a new radiator sent overnight and Shawn was able to make the necessary repair the next day.

Breaking down hundreds of miles from home is almost never any fun. It is good to know that there are dealers like Naults Honda Powerhouse that have excellent customer service and a knowledgeable staff who can get us back on the road quickly with minimal inconvenience.

Scott Brown
Riner, Va

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Nice story, kind of renews your faith in the human race.;) Glad you were able to get up and running rather quickly.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Scott, welcome to the site & thanks for sharing your story. It is always good to hear that people still care about each other. Especially since I'm sitting in a lobby of a Kentucky hotel right now on a trip of my own. I hope that I won't need any assistance along the way but if I do hopefully I can meet up with people like that.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Florida.Most two wheel minded people understand and are helpful. Thanks for your story. I hope the rest of your trip went well. Doug

·
Premium Member
23,751 Posts
Good to know that there is such a thing as " Northern Hospitality " also. Scott, next time your heading to New England stop by and pick me up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts