Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a big thanks to Sena Technologies for my recent excellent customer service experience. I bought a dual set of their SMH10 intercoms for my wife and I early in the summer and have been quite impressed with the units. However, somewhere along the way towards the end of summer I noticed that one of the little 'pogo stick' connectors on the main unit my wife uses had broken off - not sure how it happened. I contacted Sena to see if I could either get a replacement bank of the connectors so that I could replace it myself - or if it would have to be sent in for repair and they said send it in - they would do the repair under warranty. I had also noted that my unit was beeping periodically, as if it was connecting/disconnecting every few seconds so I threw that in as well and asked that they check it out. That was right at the end of November. Well, on Tuesday a package arrived containing two brand new headset main units. While I guess it's cheaper to replace than repair, I was extremely pleased to discover that this is a company that stands behind their product, and their warranty and I'll happily recommend their product to others. Aside from these two issues - the units work very well for my wife and I and I can't wait until the warm weather is back so we can use them again.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
It's nice to know some companies still care about their customers and not just the almighty dollar.

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
Just wanted to give a big thanks to Sena Technologies for my recent excellent customer service experience. I bought a dual set of their SMH10 intercoms for my wife and I early in the summer and have been quite impressed with the units. However, somewhere along the way towards the end of summer I noticed that one of the little 'pogo stick' connectors on the main unit my wife uses had broken off - not sure how it happened. I contacted Sena to see if I could either get a replacement bank of the connectors so that I could replace it myself - or if it would have to be sent in for repair and they said send it in - they would do the repair under warranty. I had also noted that my unit was beeping periodically, as if it was connecting/disconnecting every few seconds so I threw that in as well and asked that they check it out. That was right at the end of November. Well, on Tuesday a package arrived containing two brand new headset main units. While I guess it's cheaper to replace than repair, I was extremely pleased to discover that this is a company that stands behind their product, and their warranty and I'll happily recommend their product to others. Aside from these two issues - the units work very well for my wife and I and I can't wait until the warm weather is back so we can use them again.

Cheers,
Kerry
Had the same customer service response from Riders Discount. There is hope for the future.

·
Super Moderator
11,882 Posts
There are still some companies out there that want to keep their customers. It's always good to hear about them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I bought a pair of the Sena's last summer and haven't had a bubble of trouble from either unit. I pair the two units, then pair it with my Droid X and I can communicate with my flower, listen to my music and make/receive phone calls while on the road. It makes it easy to "check in" as well when I'm alone or out with the "gang".

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
with all the negative comments about suppliers and manufacturers, it's nice to see a good review for a change!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts