Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is only my third posting since Jan so excuse any breach of etiquette. I'm slated to pickup my new 08 Goldwing this Tues and can hardly wait. I live in British Columbia Canada ( the Okanagan region ) with the bike designated as the AL model... comes with heated seats, grips, navi and abs. Honda Canada has a special that adds three additional years to the warranty for a total of five years.

I must say that the dealer in Kewlona, BC ( M & M Performance ) has been fantastic and has been patient with an a ex Harley guy. If this is the type of service you Goldwinger owners have been receiving, I should have switched years ago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have to say that I really don't think the service one gets at a dealership depends on the brand so much as just the dealership. I traded out my Sportster for an '08 Goldwing with Nav and ABS (so pretty much what you have). I still have a Springer Classic that I bought at a different dealership in the area. If I were to rate the three dealerships from which I've bought a motorcycle I would say the HD dealer I got the Sportster from is on the bottom, the Honda dealership is in the middle (though they are just barely above the HD dealer), and the HD dealer I got the Springer from is on the top.

So far the only reason the Honda dealer is above the first Harley dealer, though, is the deal they worked out for me. Otherwise the salesman there was, to be blunt, more pushy that both Harley dealers, and the finance guys at both were about the same. However, his being more pushy could also be a sign of the recession.

The Harley dealer I got the Springer from has been great, though. A family owned place, they cut me a deal on the price, were not at all pushy, and their parts and service guys are great.

To be fair, though, I need to see how my ongoing experience is with this Honda dealer. My experience there was still hands down better than my experience at any car dealer, and they are pretty decent people.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome!

This is only my third posting since Jan so excuse any breach of etiquette. I'm slated to pickup my new 08 Goldwing this Tues and can hardly wait.... I should have switched years ago.
Welcome to the board! Now that you have a new Wing coming, you'll have plenty of questions and things to ask about. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Your service experience at the dealer sounds like a good one. Hope that the tradition continues as your gain more experience with them.

On another note: Are you getting ready for the Olympics next year? Granted, you probably won't be riding your Wing there, but it must be exciting that the Olympics will be so close.

Drop us a picture of you and the bike after you take delivery. And remember, your second largest investment--after your house--is your Wing (just wait till you start adding all the farkle). =)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I apologize by the way. I went on my dealer ramblings and didn't say congratulations on the upcoming motorcycle. I envy you being up in Canada since there should be some great places for you to head to on road trips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts