Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Drove in snow flurries but never with snow on the road. I'll bet that wasn't fun.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
looks like the wing and rider handled it well

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Tried it 3 Times like it once will try not to do it again it can be fun car tires do help.:happay::smiley_bitchfight:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Went through an area just after a bad hail storm. It left about 2 inches of pea size ice balls on the road. Was able to get through it by staying in the wheel tracks of the cage in front of me. Another time here in So Cal. Got caught in a thunder snow storm on interstate 10. About 2 inches of wet snow on the road. Again, was able to get through it by staying in the cage wheel tracks. Road out of it after a few miles.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
I pass on snow riding....Looks like you were doing a good job.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Yep they are all California bikes, it was my first outing with the local chapter of the Gold Wing Road Riders Association (GWRRA). My cheeks were clenched so tight that part of the ride (about 10 miles of this stuff). Nobody went down but it was a scary ride. The ride was in the local mountains near Wrightwood. I was driving the White 1500.
OH!!!! Thats California Snow.....It isn't as slippery as regular snow.:flyingpig::SmackGlass:
I would definitely be clinched:surrender:

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
I believe Budoka has snow tires and a plow mounted on his Wing for such occasions :).
Strat
budoka has the plow but who has the snowblower attachmen on their wing, you or kc :)

·
Premium Member
24,510 Posts
I only ride snow with skis and/or tracks. On m/c I'm strictly an observer by (of?) nature...very failiar with hail though, same way out, follow the cager! Do have a blade on the RZR though; wouldn't get outa me yard otherwise

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Once in Canada about 5 years ago but then we were taking the Honda 250 Reflex on the motor home. We went from the motor home about 5 miles to a play in the rain when we came out there was 2 to 3 inches of very wet snow. Had to drive at about 10 to 15 mph home. It wasn't real bad since I had ridden in the snow on trail bikes the hard part was the small wheels.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Way back in the day. I used to take my 125 endro out in the snow in the yard/woods. Once I had a dentist appointment and no car when I was in high school. Took my endro to school, came out to go to the appoinment with about an inch of snow on it and temps in mid 20's (F not C). Had about 7 mile ride. Don't remember much work from dentist, maybe because my teeth were chattering too much!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.