Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the posts about riding the Oregon coast or touring the Pacific Coast has me dreaming then calculating. I'd have 10 days maybe 2 weeks max to make a long trip. In addition my sig other has her own bike but I might not make as many miles with her as I would solo... She wants to ride her own cycle (pic posted in the VTX section of this forum). So it looks like the only way I can get to the Pacific Coast and/or the NW Corner would be to ship the bikes then start somewhere on the coast then ship them back to Miami.

Has anybody done this... Shipping your bike so you could reach faraway places or is this just crazy and out of the question?

D

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chopin114 that's what I was looking for thanks. That price I'll check into but that seems fair to me.

Caveman, I didn't even think about your idea. I have a truck and could make some distance in the truck then make a tour or a couple/few short tours, then truck 'em back. I like it.

Thanks for the info

Donald

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got some details...

I'll include some details for if/when someone does a search on this topic. I spoke to Mary Lou at http://motorcycleshipping.biz/; a very helpful, friendly lady. She said price does vary by distance but not that much. Distances are broken into 3 different price schedules. We talked about a maximum distance shipping of 1 and/or 2 bikes from Miami to Seattle (one way). One bike is $750; 2 bikes would be $570 each. At the origin, pickup can be at your door or at a terminal; at the destination, the bike can be held at a terminal or delivered to your hotel. Other details were provided but you get the idea....

If/when we do this, we would ship 2 bikes. At $570 each, this seems to me to be a very reasonable option where time constraints may otherwise make this type of trip impossible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.