Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Good to know...

Here is a website that will tell you of stations in your area that sell pure gas.

http://pure-gas.org/

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Just filled up yesterday, about 50 miles from my home. It doesn't pay to ride there and back so I just make a day ride out of it.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I guess I'm lucky. I pass one to and fro work every day......$3.74 per gal.....Reg. with ethanol is $3.56.

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Is ethanol bad for these bikes I must of missed that thread???
No. All our combustible engines run on it. Ethanol Free gas is primarily used in rural areas where the older farm equipment was not designed for doped gas. Of course, running on 100% gasoline can't hurt.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It is extremely bad for old bike's like my Norton that have a Fiberglass gas tank. The ethanol literally starts dissolving the resin in the glass.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes, expecially if it's in older machines.
That ethonal is a killer to bikes. You will not get the peformance or the fuel mileage that you would if you run pure ( ethonol-free) fuel.
The ONLY reason, THE ONLY REASON I will put in my vehicles, bikes, engines, is if I am in a bad position and HAVE TO get it. And then, just enough to get me to a ethonal free station. Very lucky here, there is a station one mile from my home, and nine miles to the west, and four miles to the east that carries ethonal-free fuel. Cost is the same as it is anywhere else that sells ethonal.
IF YOU RUN ethonal, I would advise to run Sea Foam threw your machines to clean.
Do not full you machines up with ethonal fuel and let sit up for any time, if so, you have just signed the death warrant for the carberator of that engine. I have seen the " green slime crud " that builds up in the carbs, not counting what it eats up inside these machine that we have paid dearly for.
To show one how bad ethonal fuel is. Fill up a glass jug, something you can see threw. Best to do it with a pickle jar. Set on shelf for up to 60-90 days. DON'T TOUCH IT, JUST VIEW. Start watching close for about the third week, you will start seeing a horrible sight show up, still leaving it alone, viewing only, watch what the fuel turns into.
It will make you sick to see what you are trying to run in you vehicle.
Don't let this ethenol fuel sit in your vehicles or gas tanks. Burn it out or drain it out if it has to be set up for any amount of time. Stabil in your fuels help much for stablizing it.

Ethanol has cost a many of folks big buck around here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts