Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chopin rides again! Thanks to Rapier I am now a member of the Manassas Chapter of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club. We had 13 bikes of various types joined together for a scenic road trip and lunch stop about 50 miles from our meet location. Temperature reading on the dash when I left my house was 36*. By the time we reached the restaurant we topped out at 46*. The ride home hit 56* Glad I was on the Wing. We had every bike from a Shadow, Fat Boy's, Electra-Glide's and of course four Goldwings. You know who were the warmest. It's official riders, Spring is almost here. Hang in there Illinois.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Thanks for the update buddy. Although I'm envious I'm still happy you were able to get the Coldwing back on the road. Got up in the lower 40's here today, but way too much salt and other junk on the roads to even think about getting the bike out. Where are your pic's?

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures ? Oops! This was my first meeting with any of these riders except Mike. The cameras were not flashing so I decided to keep mine holstered. I didn't want to look like a Japanese tourist.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hope most of the salt was washed off the road by the melt. I rode out wes of me near you I think Matt.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Now where is my hammer when I want it. I could have had a lot of fun with the Japanese tourist but my hammer is 700 miles away.[my Japanese speaking daughter] How dare she be so far away when I need her. LOL. Eric

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Glad you were able to get a ride in. I stopped worrying about looking like a geek a long time ago. Next time lets see some pictures.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Glad you got to ride Chop. One big sloppy mess up here. Runoff water, junk and debris all over the roads, not to mention the potholes the size of the Grand Canyon. Conditions not fit for man nor Wing. But Spring is on it's way...

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I hope most of the salt was washed off the road by the melt. I rode out wes of me near you I think Matt.
How far west did you get flashie?

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you got to ride Chop. One big sloppy mess up here. Runoff water, junk and debris all over the roads, not to mention the potholes the size of the Grand Canyon. Conditions not fit for man nor Wing. But Spring is on it's way...
Yes C. We had a mild taste of spring. The ride was worth the need to wash the bike again, as soon as I de- ice the garden hose.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
You're lucky to have ridden anyway Chopin. If I did that and got away with it, I couldn't de-ice my garden hose to wash off the salt grime. It's buried under 4 feet of snow, and it's hanging up! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I couldn't de-ice my garden hose to wash off the salt grime. It's buried under 4 feet of snow, and it's hanging up! :eek:
YIKESSSS:eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
It was truly a nice ride with some very good people.

Maestro, don't know if you saw it, but on Sunday I put my plans up to go to Newport News to visit the Mariner's Museum (where the USS Monitor is being conserved). I know that your Saturday's are usually pretty busy, so I worked around your schedule a bit.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was truly a nice ride with some very good people.

Maestro, don't know if you saw it, but on Sunday I put my plans up to go to Newport News to visit the Mariner's Museum (where the USS Monitor is being conserved). I know that your Saturday's are usually pretty busy, so I worked around your schedule a bit.
Post noted and responded to.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Envious here. We are socked in with rain, wind and fog!

I can't even plan a trip to Phoenix..... as they are not doing very well either.
Getting you to Arizona has become a personal goal of mine. I called my dad in Phoenix yesterday to get a first hand view of the weather. He said today was in the 70's but no promise what next week will be like.

·
Registered
49 Posts
looks like I'm done riding for the rest of this month with the weather forecast. I put 600 on her since I picked her up on New Years eve. Not bad for this neck of the woods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts