Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Boys, This is the official start of this Grand Tour. A great day was had by our group & the Pictures will follow.

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st round of pics

1) Meeting in Bedford
2) Flight 93 Memorial
3) Letter from Child at Memorial
4) Along the road in Berlin Pa
5) The Maestro in Deep Creek Lake Md

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Thanks for taking me along from afar. What can I say, good people here and appreciate your humour. I found an Adelaide motorcycle forum the other day and have spent a bit of time there to check them out. Sad to say but I don't have the time to be part of a forum where it has members that think it is their right to go out of their way to antagonise others. So you will just have to be happy with this Aussie coming with you in spirit. And I will take you around here. Eric

·
Super Moderator
14,418 Posts
Here is the Southern portion of the Ride for Eric Tour:
Saturday the 13th five bikes and eight souls left Flowood and headed up Hwy 25 toward Carthage. We went to a charity ride for a young girl with cancer. It was a good day with temperatures just hitting 90 with the cloud cover, pretty good for mid-August in Mississippi. The group ride had about 75 bikes were led by a local chapter of the Buffalo Soldiers motorcycle association with some help from local and county LE. We started out headed west to the Natchez Trace and then north to Kosciusko where we all took a break. From here we headed south back to Carthage and lunch. It took a couple hours and everyone was pretty sensible. Following lunch was a very good local Blue Grass band and other entertainment. After the door prize distribution my group headed back via some back roads. We went south and then west on Hwy 487 and 500 to Lena. Here we went south on Hwy 13 to Morton and Hwy 481 headed west toward home. As we were approaching Hwy 43 Don suggested heading south to Shiloh Road (one of the best twisty roads we have in our area) and then into Brandon. It was another good day on the bike and supporting a good cause. I put over 200 miles on the Honda.

Hope the main portion of the ride is going just as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Thanks for the rides guys. I want to join in on some of this fun.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Looks like I made it home first and now have to wait for the rest of the group to check in.
Not to demean the fact you made it safety but cutting to the chase, pictures, man, pictures. :)

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Looks like I made it home first and now have to wait for the rest of the group to check in.
Glad to see you made it home safe,did you guys hit much rain today?

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Not to demean the fact you made it safety but cutting to the chase, pictures, man, pictures. :)
I went camera-less because I broke mine two weeks ago. ' Ol fossil bought me a quick use camera as a belated birthday gift and I'm trying to run the software on the 'puter to download them. I'm having major computer issues. When I booted back up tonight Windows Explorer won't load. I'm running the Firefox browser via the Task manager. I have an old spare computer in the closet that I'll have to recommission. Ram: Not much if anything in the way of rain. A wee bit this morning but hardly enough to put the rain gear on for. Sunny and nice for the whole day ride. I left the group when we reached Cumberland , MD.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
talking about being self centered.

1, USMC shirt, check

2, cup holders, check

1, $300 black bra, check

1, keyfob to keep from straining your finger to open the trunk, priceless

1, camera to share your ride with your buds who couldn't make the ride--optional

We're hurt. :(

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey boys just made it home about 1/2 hour ago. Unwinding a bit. Maestro I don't think we left you more than 20 minutes & the skies opened up. Had rain all the way past Bedford where we split from the Doc. Then we ended up with a major detour. I'll post some pictures tomorrow L2R. You & I know that it's all about him, so I'll take care of it.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Got home about 9:20. First thing I did was throw away the rain suit. (long story). I'll be on amazon tomorrow looking for a new one. Thanks to all who were on the ride for a great time... We rode safe...

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i made it home about an hour ago. good nite

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Day 2

Day 2 started out with rain gear on. Ride down 219 was lead by yours truly in the wet & soon we started to find dry patches. By the time we got to Elkins for breakfast the Maestro was laying on his back in the parking lot of Bob Evans taking off his rain gear. A quick bite & then it was off to Seneca Rocks. The ride on 33 is awesome as always, we stopped for some photos & back on 33 some more. Instead of heading to Harrisonburg & being stuck on 11 or 81 we found a connecting road that went North to Moorefield. Cool little State road that worked well. After fueling the Nighthawk in Moorefield it was off to Cumberand Md. where we split from the Maestro. I already said at that point we hit rain. TW/KJ hit the side of the road for a quick cover of Rain gear, The Doc & I motored on a bit, thought we were going to drive out of it but saw a storage facility with a covered overhang & dove under (thanks Bob's storage). Put on gear & headed to Bedford rain pummeling all the way. The Doc split off & went to the Pike, the 3 Pa. guys went on 30 towards Breezewood. Stopped for a quick bite at McD's & started to head home. Got about 10 miles out & hit a closed Rt 30. After some strategy planning turned around to find 26 N & took off. 2 good things came of it. We extended our ride a bit & got out of the rain. As you can tell we all made it home. There are some pics here.
1) TW at hotel
2) The boys in the lot of Seneca Rocks
3) The Rocks
4) A walking bridge to another Vantage point
5) A Civil War Era Homestead

All things considered it was a Fantastic weekend for the Eric's One Day/Couple Day Tour.

A special thanks to my riding partners for putting up with Me & the little scoot that needed fuel so much.
My Big Brother
Two Wheel Wing
DetDrBuzzard
Ram54
Chopin114

The final tally on the Nightawk was 727 miles. Oh and sorry for the long winded post. Ride Safe.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the Southern portion of the Ride for Eric Tour:
Thanks for the trip through the South, Crownfire. Just think if we would have driven a few miles more South & you guys came a few mile more North. Hmmmm, what could have been.

Eric should be having a good time with the reports.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Sounds like you guys had fun , and glad everyone was safe

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Well let me see. As a concept a One Day/Couple of Day's Ride, seams to be a good one. Seneca Rocks looks like a place I would like to visit.
Fossil92: Do you have a photo of the brave Night Hawk, and what cc it is.
I bet you guys had a great time when you concentred for a ride. It's experiencing the ride together and having a few laughs when you stop to recount the ride. By the way, the ride report wasn't too long. A good report can take you there and let you expereince what it was like: Weather, Scenic features, The Roads, People on the way, Where you stayed, The experience. Thanks for the report. You all have done well. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad you enjoyed it Eric. You are right just the getting together aspect of the trip is great. The entertainment factor was equally enjoyable, between Two Wheels/Doc's stories & the presence of the Astute Court Jester, Laughs were had by all.

The Nighthawk is an '86 700S, rides great, loads of fun & starts everytime (when you turn the gas on Chopin). Here is a pic of the trusty horse.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
That bike looks like a real beast, I don't think it would be much of a handy cap at all. Eric

1 - 20 of 53 Posts