Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would run this past you guys before I apply for my leave on Monday. I thought that if I arrived in the USA on about April 3rd. and give myself until Saturday the 7th., to sort the bike out. Then tour for 5 to 6 weeks. So if you would like to catch me in the traps that would that suit you. What dates would be best for you to try and get some leave. If you can work with that time frame, we will do it. That would have us leaving the USA on about May 19th. By putting my leave in early means I can pick when I start and return. I can be flexible with those dates. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I can't follow you all across the western half of the hemisphere, but when your itinerary brings you into the Great State of Arizona I can certainly consider adjusting my short time there to coincide. I think Sedona would be a nice place to hook up.

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
Eric, I say you & Vanessa make your plans. As the Maestro said I would be in the same position. My big trip was last year & I joke that my boss reminde me every day that it was. "A ONCE in a lifetime trip."

So again I say plan yours, draw out a map, if you don't have one get a small netbook, & keep us informed (try to make it daily) & we will all catch up with you on the route.

Read this thread & you'll get the idea.

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3540&highlight=fossil92

See you guys in 2012.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
If you trip brings you to Pennsylvania, give us a ring..

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two Wheel Wing, I think we will get as far east as Denver. The main area that we will be in is from Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Denver, Albuquerque. This is where we can see geological formations that Vanessa is studying. We do not have the mountain ranges that you have. I think we will have to do a second bike trip to the USA. and see the Eastern States if Vanessa enjoys the South West.The traffic on the Eastern States is a bit of a worry for this bushy. We went by car from New York to Philadelphia. And that was stressful. Today I have booked my leave from the 25th of March to the 12th of May. We now have a big map of the South West up on the wall in the study so that we can get a visual of where we are planning to go. There is no expectation that anyone do this trip with us but if it's possible to meet any of my USA mates. That would be good.We have looked at note books today and we will do the up dates with that. Anyway this is a photo of the map on the wall. The second draft in getting close.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
The only downside I see to your trip Eric, is if Vanessa let's you get any sleep. You should have an absolutely great time doing that area of the States with the time you have alloted. Lot's to see.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
See you in April 2012, Eric. We can hit Sedona and you and Vanessa can do the " Pink Jeep " tour into the surrounding red rock area.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will pay for the flight in May 2011. It will happen before we are really ready for it. We have brought some books called Road Side Geoloegy for the different states and we have some roads off this forum. Between all of the information we will start to tie it all together with the days that we will be in each locations. Eric

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Johng: it is a bit of a sore point at the moment because I have had to cancel. I have a family matter that must be ok before I can leave home for that length of time. I would love to speek to you about your experience in the USA. Eric

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Eric
No worries mate if you to my web site my email address is there also you will find some info on my site under the trip of a life time.

Hope you get to go it's a great riding country

Johng
www.jonkaz.net

1 - 11 of 11 Posts