Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Ergo hiway boards and was wondering if I install Baker airwings ( Lowers) will there be enough clearance between my legs and the lower wings to use the hiway boards. (2008 comfort)

My bike is in storage for the winter at the dealership, so it is hard to visualize without sitting on the bike.

Does anyone have this configuration?

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
I have both on my 09 Wing and have no problems. I'm 5'9" if that helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two Wheel Wing:
Thanks for the info. I'm 5' 9" in as well. Do you find the air wings make a big difference

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
I had a complete set on my 98 GL1500 and loved them. On my 09 GL1800 I installed the hand wings that attach to the mirrors and the leg wings that attach to the engine guards and took a 900 trip and they worked great. The upper and lowers are on now but I haven't had a lot of time in the saddle with them on because the weather got so cold and the bike is away for the season. When Spring hits I'll have a better idea, but if they work anything like the GL1500 they will be great.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
i have that set up and don't have any problems,i'm 6'.a must have here in florida,the lower one moves the hot air fron the rad's away & the upper brings in cooler air,just wish i would of waited and got the ones made by kuryaken,cleaner look/design

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I just took at look at the Dragon wings on the Kuryakyn site. They do look cleaner, but my impression has been that Baker are more effective. Staying cool is not really a problem in Montreal, it's trying to stay warm especially on those early April and late fall rides. If I could tap into some of the rad air, that would be a bonus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts