Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got in from about a 100 mile shake some cob webs out from between my ears ride. I just had new tires and ceramics installed.
Brigstone tires--Excellent
Ceramic balancers---WOW WOW WOW, excellent I really dont know how to describe how much better it is. I do know I did the tires and them at the same time but so far VERY HAPPY.
Baker Wings--VERY GOOD I LOVE THEM and very worth it.
Upgrade with J&M speakers- Nice but really would have rather spent the money on other stuff. They just dont cut it for me. I love all motorcycles just some more than others and like to tease the Harley guys, but they kick our butts when it comes to the stereo. Would like to try other speakers but dont have the cash right now.

Love my wing love to ride

Yall be safe C-ya on the rode and I cant wait till "Jury Duty!"

·
Premium Member
23,794 Posts
Are the ceramic balances of which you speak also called Dyna-beads ? I'm with you on the stereo sound. I have nine speakers and two amps in my service van and the ears get use to a certain fidelity.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir not dyno beads. I am not computer literate enough to post a link. I got them on wing stuff. Two go on front one on the back

·
Premium Member
23,794 Posts
No sir not dyno beads. I am not computer literate enough to post a link. I got them on wing stuff. Two go on front one on the back
Centramatic Balancers ? Dyna -beads are made of ceramic glass beads. Were they expensive ? The answer to that will tip me off.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
159 Posts
[QUOTE
Yes they are expensive but what isnt on our wings??? LOL[/QUOTE]

We found the Counteract Beads about a year ago for our bikes.
http://counteractbalancing.com/counteract/index.php

They work super also. We've put them on all our bikes and we just purchased this wing. The p/o installed brand new tires on the bike right before we purchased it. Have some ordered ( ebay ) to install now.
Cost is approx 30$ a bike.

Bike tires run smooth as glass !!!! EVERYTIME !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I considered the beads inside the tire but went the other direction because (I may not have a clue what I am talking about but it is my reality) things flying around inside my tire have got to generate heat and it may take 200 years but there has to be wear associated with friction and heat.
The ones I went with seem to have a gyroscope effect and the bike wants to be stable and upright. When leaning into the turns (I am not ashamed of my chicken strips and they are pretty big) the bike just seems like it is in a grove and stable as it is when going straight. Sorry if I am rambling. I wish I could show ya. I guess this is why I am not a journalist. I guess I am saying I can push it down and it wants to go back up and I just have to lean an hold it there. SORRY I will just say I like em......:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Thanks for the information and videos. I'm new to Wings, though not Hondas, so much to learn and this simple technology is very interesting. Self-adjusting wheel weights. Any available for an '85 1200 Aspencade or '83 1100 Wing, or just the modern 1800s?

Tatanka

·
Registered
159 Posts
The ones I went with seem to have a gyroscope effect and the bike wants to be stable and upright. QUOTE]

Please don't get me wrong, I was not knocking what you installed, agree with you 100% on the gyroscope thingy. I can see the effect it would have on the bike, which is great. All for if it works, do it !!!!

Have seen tires that has had beads run inside, nothing changeed on the inside.
Truck tires, Jeep & motorcycle, no problems at all....

Talked to many who have used the beads, glass / ceramic. All swear by them.

Glad you posted about the balanceing choice you made, I will pass this on to other locally. Something to think about ( Gyroscope Effect ) !!!!
Thanks .>>>

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the information and videos. I'm new to Wings, though not Hondas, so much to learn and this simple technology is very interesting. Self-adjusting wheel weights. Any available for an '85 1200 Aspencade or '83 1100 Wing, or just the modern 1800s?

Tatanka
I looked for them for a 1500 on Wingstuff (not hard) an didnt find anything. I can only assume (dont want what happens) they make them for 15&1200's but have not done the research. You can put dyno beads in the 15 or 1200's Im sure.
Two guns I have no personnel exp with dyno beads. The video on the Wingstuff on what I bought an reading other post I went with what I did. The video is what sent me to the check out line.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Centramatics are going on mine when I re-tire (no, not done working yet unfortunately). Lots of things I want to do, some things that I must do this year.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts