Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be going south on RT. 129 and Rt. 3 to Enterprise Or. and I hope onto Cambridge through Hells, is it do able or are we looking at back MT. roads. I did check the motorcycle roads site but I am not sure If we are on ok roads or dirt for a bit, and you know me I trust you guys that have been that way Thanks for the info.

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
I have no idea about that road. Are you a GWRRA member? If you are, you might call a few members from the Clarkston, Lewiston area and ask them about that route.

I have looked at that and always thought it would be a fun adventure..... but I know from experience some of those forest service roads are not getting the best attention these days with the budget cuts.

I might be out that way in July and I could check it out for you. :)

·
Administrator
25,901 Posts
I was through there about 20 years ago but I didn't use 129. We encountered some construction (normal for when I go anywhere it seems) but it was resurfacing and not building, so no unfinished surfaces in the area then. Depends on how far off the beaten track you may end up I guess. I have a road guide at home I'll check and see if I find anything that looks remotely difficult and let you know if no-one else has any current info.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been looking at the satellite maps of the roads and I do see lines on them and then I dont, and yes the forest roads here in Pa. can go from a great ride to help me turn around before I am found dead a year from now.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, it like mama used to say back roads are like a box of chocolates you don't know what you may get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts