Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Enjoying my first wing

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  bald rider 
#1 ·
Hi all, Just got an 87 interstate that I am very happy with. Last bike I rode was 360 Yamaha and that was over 25 years ago. Joined the GWRRA and the local chapter as well. Great bunch of people. I guess I have also joined the crowd of folks looking for a left side cover for a GL1200. Mine is Champagne but I guess I'll take whatever I can find. Could also use a deal on some 3/4 headsets. I have been shopping ebay but the prices seem outrageous. I have a small bike budget!!

Mike

#3 ·
How-ya Mike. Ditto on what the Doc says. Headsets are a plus, but look after the mechanicals first. Bling can be done anytime; best to enjoy the machine!

#4 ·
Hello Mike

Hi Mike, glad you love your bike, I picked up last year a 1993 aspencade with 17,000 miles on it, trying to have it surgically attached to my butt so I never have to get off, but the wife won't let them. Changing timing belts are a great idea, already did mine, its worth the peace of mind especially if your going to do alot of riding.

#5 ·
Glad you are enjoying your new (to you) Wing. Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Hope you enjoy the site. Where is home for you? Ride safe..

#7 ·
#8 ·
fossil92 gave you the right info. I purchased that kit a month ago, put it on my 3/4 open face helmet from HJC and it works great!

There are probably some higher priced units that might have a little better sound, but for the money, it is a good buy and works fine for me. Of course my listening includes gospel, country and soft rock, not the Boston Pops.........

#9 ·
Speaking of headsets, I have a set for both myself and my wife. We love them, my wife says she really loves them but what I love best is the control that mutes out the intercom, doesn't always help, she just bangs me on the back of the helmet. I noticed a few people from the Northeast PA area, I am from Honesdale, anyone near me? Leaving in the summer for an extensive trip out west. First long trip on a bike, any suggestions? Ride safe everyone :D

#11 ·
I noticed a few people from the Northeast PA area, I am from Honesdale, anyone near me? Leaving in the summer for an extensive trip out west. First long trip on a bike, any suggestions? Ride safe everyone
bald rider, Welcome as well I see you are relatively new to the site. You've got a couple of us somewhat close. Two Wheel Wing is in W.B., the zepplin is in Bloomsburg, & I'm in Schuylkill County. If I missed anyone my applogies.

Now as far as your trip, There are a couple threads that were started & there is info available. I purchased a book that I would highly recommend, The Essential Guide to Motorcycle Travel by Dale Coyner. Lot's of good info in it.

On a side note my wife & I leave on a similar trip in the middle of June. Ride Safe.

#12 · (Edited)
Good to hear from you fossil92, I will most definitely check out your book suggestion. I am counting down the days for my journey out west. I have never been out there before, it should be a new experience. I am going to spend 3 days in addition just to ride through out Yellowstone. I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip in June. Have lots of fun! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.