Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 Aspy and I wanted to know if a installed(not sure anyone makes them) and make a wind deflector to reduce the wind flow across the engine block (above and below) will it increase or decrease the heat from the engine head? In florida in the summer may feet / lower leg can get real hot and I was think about making some wind deflectors.

ron w

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I had Wind Wings on my '84 and that helped me alot, but didn't do much for the legs and feet. I know there used to be a chin spoiler for the lower part of the rad and that helped get a bit more air into the cooling system and lowered engine heat a bit, but that's all I can recall.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have Wind Deflectors and they do help alot. The question is if I add lower wind deflectors, to deflect wind blowing across the engine head would that help or would it hold the heat of the engine head there and cook my feet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
follow up questions, has anyone place a front air dam / chin scoop on a gl1200 and if you have did the air dam reduce the hot air flow over the pipes onto riders lower legs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts