Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This looks like it may be a good option for me. I found a 1000 motor here locally that I may try and pick up. You guys are the best!

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
I just thought of something, you may be able to transfer the GL1100 electronic ignition components to the GL1000 engine. The pulse generator/advance unit on the back of the 1100 engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have had problems with my 82 1100 and thought of doing the switch myself but found a 1100 and hoping to put it in this weekend. Good thought from trike Lady too. Hope everything works out. Medcoman

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. Kinda hoping someone chimes in here that they have done. Might just hold out for an 1100 myself. Found a 1000 for 250.00 that supposedly has 25,000 miles. Guess I could buy it just in case and sell if I need to. Don't want the hastle though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That sounds like a good deal. If you have a Craigs list in your state, you might be able to find an engine. I got mine in yesterday and it sounds pretty good. Going to have the carbs recaled and it should be in good shape. Good luck finding the engine. Medcoman

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will also be doing the same thing. I do believe that the block does fit right up in the frame with no issues. However I will be using a short block and using the 1100 heads, clutch and electronics from the blown motor onto the 1000 motor. Going this way because I have a 1000 motor and an 81 standard that I got for nothing that had a rod or something make a nice hole in the top of the motor for the previous owner. I hope it works......

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good luck Tony. I was very lucky. I just found an 1100 motor with about 25,000 miles on it for $200.00. Guy is going to pull it out Sunday. He is cutting me a deal cause I don't need the carbs. Hopefully the issue with my motor is simple and I will have a spare. Hope to be back on the road by Monday.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts