Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Although they had the same displacement, I don't believe it's a direct replacement. For one thing, I think the valdyrie had more carbs than the GL1500 Wing so I'm not sure it would fit under the tupperware. Perhaps someone who has had both can provide some additional information.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Valk. has more radical cams that are solid tappet,GL is hydraulic. I don't know about mount bolt positions on block,if same you could make it work,i think. Would be a lot of switch over work involved though. Unless you are really into that,or getting the Valk. engine dirt cheap,i would continue your search.As many 1500's as there are out there,there has to be one somewhere for you.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i was wondering last year if you could put the intake from the wing on a valk engine but haven't gotten an answer from those that i asked

·
Registered
172 Posts
The block is the same, the heads and cams are a bit differant but externally the same. Say goodbye to reverse. You may be able to swap out the back plate and use reverse. I have a complete Valkyrie engine in my shop. Ive been tempted to do a head swap for more power. With the Ported heads and custom cams, 4 degree trigger wheel it put 112 to the ground. Its a bolt in affair as I have a 88 Wing Frame and it sits right in.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i was wondering last year if you could put the intake from the wing on a valk engine but haven't gotten an answer from those that i asked
The inatke yes but not sure about the carbs. I had a Blower on my Orange Valkyrie and with the One cab it got kind of crowded under the tank. It's not quite as wide in the upper frame rails. I's like to be able to put the Valk Carbs on the wing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts