Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an 1800 the other day with the hi way pegs mounted on the engine valve covers. The pegs them selves were retractable. Any ideas where the owner got them???

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Those were very short lived w/very few out that I know of. They were talked about on another board but apparently didn't make it to mass market!
I did a search on that board but, it seems a lot of old info never made it when a new server was put into service there!

·
Administrator
25,901 Posts
I have no solid evidence of it, but I heard that there were reliability issues with them as they used the valve cover fasteners to mount the pegs. Those fasteners were never intended to take the amount of stress that the pegs put on them and would apparently shear off. This is the first I've heard of them in well over a year.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Doesn't sound like a good a place to mount pegs.....Wouldn't think it could hold up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone, The Aero Pegs are the ones I am talking about,. I do see how that mount might cause trouble.

·
Administrator
25,901 Posts
Kind of a nice idea, but weak I guess. Would have been good if John could have said when and why they quit selling them.

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts
If you guys look, the website link says they will be returning. I always thought they looked nice but would want to try the fuctional side before I would purchase them. Oh & I'd have to buy an 1800 also.;)

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I don't like the looks of them......Looks like they would be subject to heating up from the engine running and maybe even vibrate some, not to mention possible damage to the valve covers.......I think I would stick to the ones that mount to the crash bars. Just my .02 worth.

·
Administrator
25,901 Posts
If you guys look, the website link says they will be returning. I always thought they looked nice but would want to try the fuctional side before I would purchase them. Oh & I'd have to buy an 1800 also.;)
And your point is?

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts
I don't know if I had one????:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They really look pretty good up close and in person but I can see how they might be hard on the cover bolts and the pegs are pretty small. neat idea thou.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts