Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 1500 goldwing from my dads estate with 144,000 miles on it. I presume this is very high mileage. is the bike worth keeping?

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
A well maintained Wing can run for 300,000 miles and beyond. Yes, I'd keep it.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. If the bike has been maintained properly it could go many more miles. If your not handy, take it to a dealer to be checked out. You may have a good bike with a lot more miles left in it..

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
I got 186,000 plus on my 93 and it's still looks and sounds like new. Change the fluids Oil, engine and differential, coolant and have the brakes and clutch flushed and bled and go for a ride. Should be good for another 100,000 at least if it's been taken care of.

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Hi & welcome to the forum! Keep it.....service it......RIDE it! Otherwise call me I'll give you 100 bucks for it....LOL

Mark

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
I can tell you it all comes down to how you look after it. In this case how well your father looked after it. An Gooldwing owners tend to look after them very well. Last year there was a 1986 1200 wing here for sale with 595000 km on it and it looked great. Eric

·
Registered
7 Posts
No, your WING is junk.

Send me your home address...I'll come by and take it to scrap for you.

However, my '82 1100 has 275K and still pulls 12 second 1/4 mile's with bags and fairing removed...pulls Bunkhouse pop-up along Appalachian hills...very strong bike.

Synthetic oils and decent maintenance and there's no tellin' how long they'll last.

Honda most reliable mtcyl ever built...untouchable longevity.

Ok, ok...I'll give you a token scrap fee...

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
what you need to do is read the Goldwing 20 Anniverasry book and see what kind of engineering and torture testing they put these machines through. While nothing lasts forever, a Wing just might come close.

·
Registered
363 Posts
And to think I was hesitant on buying my current 2005 Wing with 44,00 miles on her, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts