Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to everyone on the Wing forum. Got a problem i'm hoping someone can help me with. On the 85 LE i just bought I am having clutch problems. It seems the resevoir is gummed up. Can I flush out that entire line without having to remove the clutch which requires engine removal? I am hoping I can clean the system out and put in new DOT 4 brake fluid. As always, any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
What exactly is the problem you are experiencing? Does the clutch work or does it kill the engine when you release it? If it is killing the engine you might need to put up the kickstand.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answering Cantankerous.....no, kickstand was down....clutch lever is almost free if you know what I mean. Doesn't even feel like it's disengaging the clutch when depressed. The hydraulic system does need to be cleaned. I was just hoping that I could do that without any engine or clutch removal. Thanks again....i'm open to all suggestions....

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Cantankerous....i said kickstand was down....it was in fact up.....not a factor at all....thanks again

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
It sounds like it just needs bled. One of mine was the same way, about ten minutes to bleed it and it works great! PM me if you need the procedure on bleeding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.