Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Friday is fast approaching and it's getting hard to concentrate on the regular stuff. Now herself tells me she doesn't want to take the laptop:eek: Time to put me foot down on that one I think. I mean it's one thing to be across the pond, but two weeks witout contact? Egads. I'll have to learn how to imbed video when we get back as some of the roads sound pretty spectacular and stills might just not do em justice so the minicam is coming along. Hope to have many sights and scenes to share with all yis by the time I get back. Going to hook up with one of our Irish members while we're there, he lives not far from my ancestral home of Crossgar.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Have a great trip.. You better have some pics.... LOL

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Enjoy your holiday. It's alway good to see what everyone is up to. Look forward to the ride report. Eriv

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Yeah budoka I agree with you time to put your foot down. I mean how else are we going to get the up to date news of the trip? I think your little lady is being a bit selfish.:D:D:D

Have fun, ride safe & be careful.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't forced the issue, but it's coming with me. Now if scAir Canada would co-operate. Ticketing and boarding procedures are liable to be insane in Toronto, plus God only knows what kind of hassle we'll have with our m/c gear. Weather's crap here right now so I can wear my jacket and boots for the flight, but doubt herself will be 'comfortable' in hers. We have an in-Ireland flight booked with Ryanair and I can (must do it iin advance actually) print my boarding passes up to 15 days ahead of flying. Here we get 24 hours, talk about the dark ages.

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Have a great trip. I'm jealous and will be looking forward to the pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Are you shipping your bike or renting in Ireland?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Renting two BMW's during the trip. A 1200GS out of Belfast Monday for 3 days (20,21,22) for the northern tour; and a 1200ST out of Dublin for 2 days. Hoping to run Wicklow Gap and maybe out towards Galway on the 25 and 26. Meeting up with one of our GWOF members who lives near Belfast and have several mates hooking up with us around Dublin and down in Cork.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Careful you don't get that foot down stomped on. Have a great Trip and stay safe. Be sure you are riding with traffic, don't know which side of the road would be correct over there. Sounds like a great time, I want to go to Scotland one day where many of my Ross and McIntosh Ancestor's came from.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Heading to Scotland in a couple of months. Wasn't planning on riding, but I may have to rethink that.

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Careful you don't get that foot down stomped on. Have a great Trip and stay safe. Be sure you are riding with traffic, don't know which side of the road would be correct over there. Sounds like a great time, I want to go to Scotland one day where many of my Ross and McIntosh Ancestor's came from.
Scotland rides on the other side. Watch that first pull out, you will almost certainly be looking the wrong way. I kept telling myself about it but still almost pulled right out in front of someone. Can't say about Ireland, hope to find out one day.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I've been to Ireland, they're bass ackwards as well. Another thing that takes some getting use to over there is the traffic circles (they call them "round-abouts"). Traffic goes clockwise. It took some getting use to.

·
Super Moderator
11,818 Posts
Have a safe and pleasant trip.

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
I'm sure our Canadian friend would not be starting any riots. Well, pretty sure. Anyway those roads wouldn't be on any of our lists. Hope all is well.

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
I'm sure our Canadian friend would not be starting any riots. Well, pretty sure. Anyway those roads wouldn't be on any of our lists. Hope all is well.
It probably started in a bar as a motorcycle issue and ended up in the streets. Ireland disagreements always start there.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No rioting by me or incitement either. The tension in Belfast was happening while we were there, but not what it would appear in the media. There's a fairly affluent district on the North suburbs that is very actively loyalist and they get to acting up late June and July it seems. All the other areas are just regular folk like you and me. Special thanks to our forum member Joey for his expert and selfless tour of my great Grandfather's birthplace and surrounding area!!
The two tours were great and the scenery was spectacular if a bit rainy at times. Only got lost once or twice and other than totally unlike a GW, both the GS and the ST 1200's performed admirably (although those of you that complain abot the seat on Wing need to spend a week on one of those yokes to truly appreciate monkey butt (amoung other anatomical region discomforts).
Oh, and keep Deal's Gap on the easy list for twisty roads, we were on twists and sweeps that would make Valentino Rossi and Ernie Spies' butts clench, even if dry weather was present. But more on that later when I get to post some pics. Sorry for the delay in posting, but our converter for the laptop had the wrong adapter for the power cord and took till today to sort that. We're in the south (Cork City) now and here for two more days, then back into Dublin for our last two days, but our riding is done and it was wonderful. Hat's off to my missus who endured two really loooong wet days in the saddle without the luxury of a Wing's comfort factor and she deserves full marks for hanging in there for all of it with not a single whimper (not that I could have changed anything once out on the road anyway). Cheers for now!

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Great to hear from you budoka. Glad things are going well. Gotta love a touring motorycle woman! Hats off to her indeed.

Can't wait to see the pictures. Ride Safe & be safe coming home.

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Good to hear you are doing well. Cudo's to the wife.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts