Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stopped at a coffee shop today went to get of the wing and over it went. I forgot to keep it in gear and the parking space was slightly downhill and it must have rolled forward and then over it went. There were several people standing nearby and they quite the laugh. To make matters worse my left shoulder is still sore from a little tussell at work and try as I might I could not get it back up right. Eventually someone walking by saw me struggling and gave me a hand getting it back up right. no damage to the wing just to my pride.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
stopped at a coffee shop today went to get of the wing and over it went. I forgot to keep it in gear and the parking space was slightly downhill and it must have rolled forward and then over it went. There were several people standing nearby and they quite the laugh. To make matters worse my left shoulder is still sore from a little tussell at work and try as I might I could not get it back up right. Eventually someone walking by saw me struggling and gave me a hand getting it back up right. no damage to the wing just to my pride.
Probably won't help your pride, But it happens to the best of us, :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Welcome to the LCD=Lay Down Club.......

Also you need to make note that all wings like to take a nap every now and then....

Here is a youtube video on how to pick one up after a nap.........

http://youtu.be/-8Er4FFEQ8I

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
We all have brain farts every now and then, bet you wont do that again.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i dropped my 1500 wing at the gas station eariler this year, i just left it there and went in and paid for some gas. i walked in the building and this guy asked if i needed some help and i said "not really i'm just not ready to deal with it right now" but he followed me out and gave me a hand anyway

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
When I had my Venture Royal I pulled into a gas station, shut the engine off, got off the bike and down it went, I forgot to put the sidestand down, talk about feeling like a dumb a&&.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Being a trike builder and riding trikes most of the time. I took my HD Bagger for a ride got to the stop sign and fell over, oops I forgot to put my feet down that was an O.S. moment.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Shortly after I got my 1500 I was pulling off my driveway and I forgot something in the trunk. Leaving it running I gently got off the bike and started to open the trunk and it started to roll forward and down it went. Oh well, at least no one was around to see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had my share of [email protected] :eek: calls happens to me when I'm in a hurry to get off to get/do something and Trying to get it done to get back on. I just take everything real slow/smooth when ever I'm riding, a lesson learned for me.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
This is not to imply that this is the only time I drop the wing, but probably one of the most embarrassing time.

A few years ago I was leading our local GWRRA chapter on our Annual Freedom Isn't Free Flag ride, where we post a flag at the local Veterans memorial around the county plus the 9-11 memorial in Sumas, Wa.
Where the road we were on, Odell rd. met H.st. rd. in Blaine, Wa. Odell was going up hill and had a stop sign. H.st.rd. was coming down hill from the right. So Odell rd. surface slopped down hill on the left side, my left leg became to short to reach the ground.:eek: The angel was more than I could handle and the bike went over.
Just then a Blaine Police office as coming up H.st. He stopped traffic while we righted the bike and left the whole group go through the intersection without having to stop. Dropping the bike in front of the chapter was a big blow to my EGO :eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Since we are telling off on ourselves. I don't call this a drop but....2 days ago coming home from work (after days of rainy weather), I was riding down my driveway and, hit a muddy area. For whatever reason the wing nose dived and I found out why I wear a full helmet. Bike was fine, I have some bruised ribs, but I got right back on the ole horse and pulled her in the garage. I call that a crop. Crash/Drop:eek:

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Since we are telling off on ourselves. I don't call this a drop but....2 days ago coming home from work (after days of rainy weather), I was riding down my driveway and, hit a muddy area. For whatever reason the wing nose dived and I found out why I wear a full helmet. Bike was fine, I have some bruised ribs, but I got right back on the ole horse and pulled her in the garage. I call that a crop. Crash/Drop:eek:
That's your call Ref. Pun intended :)

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Aaaah Ref. my fine Southern Friend, I wouldn't want to disappoint you.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
This is not to imply that this is the only time I drop the wing, but probably one of the most embarrassing time.

A few years ago I was leading our local GWRRA chapter on our Annual Freedom Isn't Free Flag ride, where we post a flag at the local Veterans memorial around the county plus the 9-11 memorial in Sumas, Wa.
Where the road we were on, Odell rd. met H.st. rd. in Blaine, Wa. Odell was going up hill and had a stop sign. H.st.rd. was coming down hill from the right. So Odell rd. surface slopped down hill on the left side, my left leg became to short to reach the ground.:eek: The angel was more than I could handle and the bike went over.
Just then a Blaine Police office as coming up H.st. He stopped traffic while we righted the bike and left the whole group go through the intersection without having to stop. Dropping the bike in front of the chapter was a big blow to my EGO :eek::eek:
I'm only Laughing( Heheheheh ) because it hasn't happened to me yet.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I'm only Laughing( Heheheheh ) because it hasn't happened to me yet.
A word of advice...If there is a chest pocket inside your touring jacket..NEVER!!! Put your billfold in that pocket. It hurts for days if you land on it.:eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts