Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left southern ontario, to edmonton al., to hayriver nwt.,
to pentiction bc., to washington state, idaho,montana,
north and south dacoeda,[sturgis], yellowstone park, and back home.
Watched my air pressures as i always do.
Put on approx 17,831 klm.
Have had tires inspected by two separate dealers and was told the back is good for another 8000+klm and the front is 12000 or better.
Bike was loaded down to max with wife on board.
2005 wing is fantastic and tires are un believable.
Ride was smooth, handing was great.
Elites and dina beeds, what can i say...

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Have had tires inspected by two separate dealers and was told the back is good for another 8000+klm and the front is 12000 or better.
All that and not one single picture...amazing.:D

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Yea, me too Chopin. Come on guys, have pitty on us southern boys. But glad to hear about the dynabeads. I just purchased mine...now the question is, do I remove all of the weights from the wheels before install them? Sounds like a silly question but just want to ask anyway.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
100k = 62 miles :) welcome to GWOF santa gord

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Glad your out riding. Doesn't matter if it's in miles or kilometers. Ride safe and enjoy the site.. And yes, we want pics..

·
Registered
145 Posts
That sounds pretty good. How fast were you traveling and how hard did you take the twisties? Also who is the dealer. I want to ask him how many klm are left on my Avons. I'd even settle for how many miles are left on them. Thanks, safe riding.:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey, when I did the klm to miles conversion, I'm getting better mileage on my Avons to date. Probably better klm's as well.......
We have to compare apples to apples guys !!:)

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Hey, when I did the klm to miles conversion, I'm getting better mileage on my Avons to date. Probably better klm's as well.......
We have to compare apples to apples guys !!:)
Geeze fellers, this Klms to miles to footlongs per fortnight is driving me nuts. Why don't we all just go to HOURS and Minutes. ie, its 3 hours to Houston and I use 3/4 tank. Takes 8 hard hours to get to Amarillo from anywhere. This metric stuff is crazy. :eek::eek:

·
Registered
835 Posts
1.6 kilometer = 1 mile. Divide that by the square root of your wife's butt and multiply that by the diameter of your belly = your mileage.
Simple Canadian math, eh?
Strat

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
1.6 kilometer = 1 mile. Divide that by the square root of your wife's butt and multiply that by the diameter of your belly = your mileage.
Simple Canadian math, eh?
Strat
I almost have it now. But if you don't have a wife, then do you divide it by the cube root of your best friends wife's butt? That almost puts it into Fractals and binary math. But I'm catchin on. :D:D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Ok for the record if the dealers are correct with there estimates the rear will go for approx. 16,015 miles and the front will go for 18,495 miles. Sounds a bit steep based on prior tires on my rides!!

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Ok for the record if the dealers are correct with there estimates the rear will go for approx. 16,015 miles and the front will go for 18,495 miles. Sounds a bit steep based on prior tires on my rides!!
Either I'm riding wrong, my roads are too rough. or I'm just a " Princess and the Pea " when it comes to tires. I will be going with Dyna Beads next tire change.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Always and i mean always ck your pressures.
I do every day and i follow hondas rec. Not the tire company rec.
Dyna beads are to put in only if all weights are removed.
That's what i did.
This was rec. By the dyna beads web site and my honda dealer.
Look it up guys it worked for me.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
That looks about what I'm expecting out of my OEM tires on my '09, <12,000 km and still looking real good. I run 41&42 f-r all the time and ride rather exhuberently at times. Question though, tell me you didn't do that trip just recently? :eek: Just being a smart ice, last summer right? You probably went right past my place, or at least within 40 klicks of me, I'm right off Hwy 2 North to Peace River.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts