Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As long as I remain unemployed and broke I still have bills to pay. I’m selling my prized electrical tools and testers. All are like new and many are still in their original packages. I’ll give you half of what Snap-on charges for stuff. See prices here: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/catalog.asp http://www.matcotools.com
Accell 300+ Crimper. $25.00
Matco Fuse Buddy Pro test kit FB310K $90.40 $45.00
Blue Point Electrical Connector Separator YA13120 $15.50 $8.00
Blue Point Relay Pliers YA9811 $56.75 $28.50
Snap-on Inductive Ammeter Set (one for starters/one for alternators) MT1009A $25.00
Blue Point Fuse Saver YA8005 $89.99 $45.00
Power Probe 1 $49.00
Snap-on Circuit Tester Set EECT313H $189.99 $95.00
Snap-on Terminal Remover Tool Set TT600 $52.95 $26.50
Blue Point UEFI Quick Probe YA76462 $154.99 $77.50
Blue Point Spark Indicator YA832A $11.20 $5.00
Blue Point 12 Volt Battery/System Tester YA2612B $170.99 $85.50
Test meters: 1 analog Sperry and 1 nameless analog and a digital Actron Automotive model test meter CP7677 For engine diagnostics, volts, ohms, amps, dwell, tach. $40.00 for all three, all meters have leads.
Sears Craftsmen Nut Remover Set $15.00
Assorted Snap-on Tools: 2 pair of electronics pliers, 3 small screw drivers and 3 nut driver handles SGT4B-TM62B-SGF50B. You also get other tools with this, X-acto sets, soldering iron and supplies. $40.00
Impact Driver Set. $10.00
90 degree bend carb screw driver. $15.00
Service manual for 1988-92 GL1500 Clymer. $40.00
Can provide photos of items upon request.
Items are shipped flat rate USPS.
Half off is the price in red.
Thank you for looking and have a great day :)

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
As long as I remain unemployed and broke I still have bills to pay. I’m selling my prized electrical tools and testers. All are like new and many are still in their original packages. I’ll give you half of what Snap-on charges for stuff. See prices here: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/catalog.asp http://www.matcotools.com
Accell 300+ Crimper. $25.00
Matco Fuse Buddy Pro test kit FB310K $90.40 $45.00
Blue Point Electrical Connector Separator YA13120 $15.50 $8.00
Blue Point Relay Pliers YA9811 $56.75 $28.50
Snap-on Inductive Ammeter Set (one for starters/one for alternators) MT1009A $25.00
Blue Point Fuse Saver YA8005 $89.99 $45.00
Power Probe 1 $49.00
Snap-on Circuit Tester Set EECT313H $189.99 $95.00
Snap-on Terminal Remover Tool Set TT600 $52.95 $26.50
Blue Point UEFI Quick Probe YA76462 $154.99 $77.50
Blue Point Spark Indicator YA832A $11.20 $5.00
Blue Point 12 Volt Battery/System Tester YA2612B $170.99 $85.50
Test meters: 1 analog Sperry and 1 nameless analog and a digital Actron Automotive model test meter CP7677 For engine diagnostics, volts, ohms, amps, dwell, tach. $40.00 for all three, all meters have leads.
Sears Craftsmen Nut Remover Set $15.00
Assorted Snap-on Tools: 2 pair of electronics pliers, 3 small screw drivers and 3 nut driver handles SGT4B-TM62B-SGF50B. You also get other tools with this, X-acto sets, soldering iron and supplies. $40.00
Impact Driver Set. $10.00
90 degree bend carb screw driver. $15.00
Service manual for 1988-92 GL1500 Clymer. $40.00
Can provide photos of items upon request.
Items are shipped flat rate USPS.
Half off is the price in red.
Thank you for looking and have a great day :)
I will take the terminal remover set ....TT600 .

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Quick question, Val: How much for the knowledge required to use these tools? :p

I know: Priceless!

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The testers are very simple to use.
The ammeter set you simply put the gauge on the wire, turn the engine over and read the gauge. The spark tester you simply rest it on the spark plug wire and watch the sight glass for light. The circuit tester is not a typical poke n jab version but one with tips that fit into the mating connector. The nut remover set how many times have you had one of those %$#* nuts that refused to come off for being rounded. You would enjoy having the automotive test meter for engine work, it's dwell and tach for 4-6-8 cylinder engines. It's all fun stuff to use and I'll even tell you how.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
A shame to sell the tools of your trade. Hard to make a living without the tools for your vocation.:confused:

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Wish I needed some of these tools. Just hate to see you having to sell off your tools of your trade.
:(

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
I'd like to have them all..... The problem is I don't know how to use any of them. Would probably take me a lifetime to learn. Good luck on the sale Val...

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It lousy, I am trying to find work and being turned down can get depressing.
I have to make sacrifices, I think the saddest and hardest day will be when I have to put the Wing up for sale.
Yes, it does pain me to do this. But I have to do this.
If there's anything you need let me know.
Thank you all

·
Registered
718 Posts
I hear you, over qualified for wrench jobs, not enough for managment. Even though I've done the job, job title didn't reflect it.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another thing against me is age, even though older workers are more responsible the employer cannot cheat us on payday like they can the younger ones.
I ran my own small shop for close to 10 years, as far as they are concerned its not dealership management. Running a small shop even though you close the doors each night, you still have the paper work to do at home.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I look at it this way, if I cannot find work I may as well sell the tools to the members here for their use. One less thing to deal with and bills can be paid.
It's a shame that employers play the age game when hiring. The sad thing it's the guys who bring their Wings in for service get lousy work done on their bikes.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Trikelady after reading your posts on all the different sites it seems to me just my 2cents . Just thinking what are the odds of you opening your own shop I think there would be a lot of wing owners that would love to have a person of your ability work on there bikes. As I have seen from your posts you seem to be able to give everybody help on any year bike.As you already know not to many bike repair shops will even touch an older wing.But you seem to know your way around them very well. If only you could find some one to partner up with and open your own shop. I know if I was broke down in your area Id be calling you to work on my bike. Like I said just my 2cents but may be worth a look see. Good Luck Hal

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Hold on...

I think we as forum members want to buy them all. We already have $305 to send you and we would like for you to be the keeper of the tools.

Others forum members: If you would like to help, go to the tread called "Helping Trike Lady"

Ok. sorry for the shameless plug.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Trikelady after reading your posts on all the different sites it seems to me just my 2cents . Just thinking what are the odds of you opening your own shop I think there would be a lot of wing owners that would love to have a person of your ability work on there bikes. As I have seen from your posts you seem to be able to give everybody help on any year bike.As you already know not to many bike repair shops will even touch an older wing.But you seem to know your way around them very well. If only you could find some one to partner up with and open your own shop. I know if I was broke down in your area Id be calling you to work on my bike. Like I said just my 2cents but may be worth a look see. Good Luck Hal
Hal,

That is a great idea, perhaps she can do so if we help her get over the immediate hump.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If the economy wasn't so rotten in Florida I would open another shop, but having sold all the major equipment a couple of years ago makes it rough.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well Val as you can see help is on the way,thanks to your fellow GoldWing riders. I have to give high fives to Larry as he is doing a good thing and Im sure we all can meet his goal. Hope things will get better for you God Bless Hal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.