Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just picked up a 2002 Goldwing, It run grate, but I think I have a . Whin I shut off the bike for more then a few minutes the clock and the trip A & B all reset back to (0), The battery is new and the connections all look good to me. Also somtimes, not all of the time when I apply the front brake the radio will go off and then come right back on. I'm an old rider but this is my first Goldwing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. By the way I'm also new to the site (New Guy):rolleyes::confused:

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I predict that the next comment you will see will say something like: " Undo the battery connection, clean ( wire brush or sandpaper ) both terminals and cable connections, and resecure them yourself . " I might be wrong. We will wait and see. And a hardy welcome to you OORAH2. Semper Fi ! if I have the OORAH pegged right. Good 'ol lrjackel took it to the next level with the ground line to the frame or battery. Kudos.

·
Registered
143 Posts
check your ground cable on your battery, I had a Saab that when I applied the brakes the radio would decrease in volume and sometimes the engine would stall. The battery ground cable INSIDE the plastic coating was bad, I could not tell by looking.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I predict that the next comment you will see will say something like: " Undo the battery connection, clean ( wire brush or sandpaper ) both terminals and cable connections, and resecure them yourself . " I might be wrong. We will wait and see. And a hardy welcome to you OORAH2. Semper Fi ! if I have the OORAH pegged right.
Close, but no cigar. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
you are a funny guy. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks CHOPIN114

Thanks "CHOPIN114" I will look at the cables this weekend. I hope that is it. By the way you are ringt I just an old Marine, Car - OORAH, Road Star - OORAH1, and the Goldwing is OORAH2. Semper Fi you are also one.

Thanks to all of you others guys that helped............I'm new out here, But I think I need to stay around and up my membership, when I can get help like this. "OORAH"

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Thanks "CHOPIN114" I will look at the cables this weekend. I hope that is it. By the way you are ringt I just an old Marine, Car - OORAH, Road Star - OORAH1, and the Goldwing is OORAH2. Semper Fi you are also one.

Thanks to all of you others guys that helped............I'm new out here, But I think I need to stay around and up my membership, when I can get help like this. "OORAH"
Aviation Ordnance 6531 Harrier and F-4. Our moto was " If you ain't ordnance, you ain't shit." Also, I think you should up your membership to enjoy all the advantages a Premium Member receives. Send a $50.00 cashier's check to : Chopin114 , 14822 Wood Home RD, Centreville , VA 20120. Semper Pie! P.S. OORAH. If it's not the ground cable , the short could be somewhere between the seat pin and the headset. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would also check the fuses. There is a permenant supply to run the clock, etc. If the fuse for the permenant supply has blown then those parts will loose power when the ignition is turned off. When you turn the ignition back on the clock will receive power from the switched ignition supply and operate (exactly as you describe). I don't have a manual at work with me so I can't tell you which fuse it is, but it should not be hard to find. I doubt it's a short.. I also doubt it's a bad battery connection as that would only get worse when you turn the ignition on (and draw more power) where as you describe the opposite (turning the ignition on provides power, not looses it!).

Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts