Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 GL1800 Trike that I am getting ready to sell because of health conditions. When my wife parked it two years ago it was working perfectly. I used a battery tender and the battery is still holding a charge and the bike will start. However, the radio will not turn on at all. Nothing. No radio display on the LCD screen etc, Also, the turn signals will not work. When I push the turn signal button for left or right turn signal the left turn signal light will come on, but it never blinks. Also, I can hear the three relays that is on the right side of the bike (as you sit on it) under the seat making a noise. Sort of a whining noise. I think those relays were replaced by a guy that was working on a LED light on that side of the bike. I have a brain injury (military injury) so I have a hard time remembering what the guy did to the bike, but I think I remember him replacing those LEDS for whatever reason. Any ideas or suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
with what you describe happening with the turn signals.....
my first go to would be cleaning the battery terminals.... especially the ground.... sounds like a good candidate for a ground issue when lights to that
I would look at the other battery cable ground points to the engine/frame

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The negative and positive battery terminals have been cleaned. Everything else on the bike works. However, I did notice the low beam lights are not working, but the high beams are working.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
still saying that is a symptom of a ground fault somewhere.
the negative cable grounds to engine as well and then engine to frame
sounds like part of the system is losing ground
had a bike that the whole problem with a charging system turned out to be where the cable grounded to the frame

free to check it out yourself, lots of moisture to build up over 2 years to eat at various connections, especially at those of dissimilar metals

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might be a ground problem. I will have to figure out what to check and where to check it. With the radio and CB not working either that might be a ground problem as well.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
here is the start of it all

this shows how the main cables start from the battery and how many connections

1 - 7 of 7 Posts