Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took the Wing out of storage and found issues with rear lights. When applying the front brakes or rear brakes the turn signal indicators light up and all the rear lights and signals light faintly. Found the lights did begin working again when wiggling the large connector under the passenger seat but not for long. Then I lost all of the instrument cluster on the dash. No tach, no speedo, no fuel, or temp guages.
Would I be correct in assuming that the problems are from poor electrical connections and where do I begin. Or is this something that needs to go to a shop where there is an experienced service tech?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
12,297 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

I would start by cleaning and tightening the battery cables. Many such issues have been found to be bad connections at the battery.

Reactions: dsurley

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If checking the battery cables doesn't solve the problem, it may be a ground connection that has become loose or corroded.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The problem may be with the ground on that connector. Make sure none of the contacts looked burned. It is a common problem with the ground on that connector.
01-05 Models
C5
Pins 1-6 Accessory Circuit lightgreen/black wires
Pins 7-10 Fuel System Power black/yellow wires
Pins 11-16 Cruise Ctrl Power black/yellow wires
Pins 17-20 Tail light Power brown/white

·
Registered
177 Posts
C5 doesn’t have any ground wires in it. C15, large gray connector near the middle to back of passenger seat area has developed a bad connection in the green ground wire. Unplug it and see if it’s melted the connector. If it has, then solder in a bypass wire around the connector. This is a common issue. Check your tail light fuse for the dash and gauges.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
C5 doesn’t have any ground wires in it. C15, large gray connector near the middle to back of passenger seat area has developed a bad connection in the green ground wire. Unplug it and see if it’s melted the connector. If it has, then solder in a bypass wire around the connector. This is a common issue. Check your tail light fuse for the dash and gauges.
Sorry, got my "C"s confused.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took the Wing out of storage and found issues with rear lights. When applying the front brakes or rear brakes the turn signal indicators light up and all the rear lights and signals light faintly. Found the lights did begin working again when wiggling the large connector under the passenger seat but not for long. Then I lost all of the instrument cluster on the dash. No tach, no speedo, no fuel, or temp guages.
Would I be correct in assuming that the problems are from poor electrical connections and where do I begin. Or is this something that needs to go to a shop where there is an experienced service tech?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
you say its been in storage..any signs of mice damage...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts