Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wired "rings of fire" on my '89 GL 1500, and the 20 amp fuse blew, leaving me w/no lights at all. The bike starts & runs. I replaced the 20 amp fuse: still no lights. The new fuse does not blow. What do I check next as all fuses I could find check out O.K?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Did you disconnect the ROF from the electrical circuit before replacing the fuse? Does the problem stay dark or do lights return to normal. If things return to normal and you get the lights back, your problem either lies with the ROF or the way you wired them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wired "rings of fire" on my '89 GL 1500, and the 20 amp fuse blew, leaving me w/no lights at all. The bike starts & runs. I replaced the 20 amp fuse: still no lights. The new fuse does not blow. What do I check next as all fuses I could find check out O.K?

Let me ask a couple of questions-- did you wire the ROF to the acc fuse or to the light circut( it should have been wired to the Acc) next remove the ROF from the main wireing curcut and check to see if it is burned there, if the curcut is completely cut the wire that might be your problem---- start from scach and remove everything you have connecten and see if things get better

1 - 3 of 3 Posts