Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Aspencade that I bought new and has never been in the repair shop until now. Last week it started losing ground somewhere and when it does the dash turn indicators and rear signals both come on dimly and the I lose all the rear lights & radio . It starts after using the brakes or turn signals . If you shift it into neutral it's fine again. The bike has very few accessory lights and those have been checked out . The bike only has 45thousand miles on it . Since the problem comes and goes , its been difficult to find and right now has me and now the Honda dealer stumped . Wondering if anyone out there has seen anything like this . Chuck in ohio

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Chuck,
Welcome to the form from Pa. Sorry your having a problem with your Wing. If your dealer can't find the problem, I'm sure with my limited knowledge, any advice I could give would seem silly. There are some really good wrench guys on the forum though so maybe they can chime in. Hope you get it fixed and go out riding. Ride safe..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply anyway . and you be safe out there too. We'll get it fixed some how,with a little luck and a prayer or two . We hope to be heading through PA this fall over into New York state and Vermont. Thanks, Chuck

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'd check your relays behind the left side panel just in front of your left saddle bag, My friend had some problems with burnt terminals. Where in Ohio do you live?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your ideas on this problem .I've only had a few minor issues with this bike over the years so I appreciate the help since even the dealer is baffled right now. We live in the Lancaster area

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi blk93wing , thought I send you a update . The Honda dealer did say come and get it , we can't fix it . So I have started the process of elimination ,starting by replacing all the fuses ( a forum suggestion ) and I located 3 out of the 5 grounds and cleaned them. Have two more up front to find around the coolant sensor & radiator . I rode it around last night and to work this morning and so far no trouble. But think I'll keep cleaning and replace anything that's questionable and checking all of my add on lights and for worn wires . I was also told to check the neutral safety switch . Thanks , again Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts