1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little did I know, when I bought my Wing in '83, I'd be needing to
connect my GPS and iPod to it. I did manage to splice in a couple
wires to power a radar detector (circa 1990's). I'm no longer in need
of a device that warns me when I'm going too fast but I would like to plug in and power a GPS and iPod.

A recent search showed Powerlet devices and I think I've figured out
what will work. My question for the group is what advice or suggestions can you offer as to where/how to mount these outlets? My Interstate has no factory or aftermarket electrics of any kind. The only thing I did was mount a voltage meter in the left flat panel designed to house the factory radio. I've seen the Powerlet site where there's a bar-mounted C-Clamp with an outlet. I've also seen them flush-mounted to plastic.

Looking for ideas, advice, photos on where to add an outlet or two. I'm certain some of you have made similar mods. I'd appreciate anything you care to share. I'd also welcome any links to sites that might address this or a good source of parts. Thanks so much. I have a lot of catching up to do.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I wired in a cigarette lighter to my '84 on the lower right panel of the fairing just below where I put my voltmeter. Sorry I can't show you a pic of it, that bike's been gone since '92. Wasn't hard to do.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am also thinking of adding an electrical outlet to my '09. But I am still trying to figure out the best way to take the left storage bin out. Those little push thingies have me baffled on how to take it out and then how to re-install it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts