Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have recently installed a truck luggage rack on my 2008 Goldwing. Part of the process was removing the connector plug that goes to the control unit for the trunk opener. It was a pretty straight-forward process.

After finishing the job, I didn't start the bike...or attempt to start it until this morning. I put my lunch in the trunk, closed the trunk very gently with the added weight that is now part of the top, and climbed aboard to ride to work. I turned on the key, fired it up and noticed right away that the "open door" indicator was showing that my trunk wasn't open. So I turned off the power, went back and shut the trunk.

I got back on and turned the key and now I have almost no indication that there is power. After a second or two, I see the neutral light illuminate, and I can hear a relay clicking without touching anything else. The key is just in the "on" position and I can hear the relay click. I took the seat off and pulled out the assembly with the ignition relay, and that is the one that is clicking.

I did a simple voltage test with a multimeter and the battery has 12 volts. I really didn't/don't think it's the battery anyway since it was very strong when I fired it up this morning.

Anyone have an idea to check something simple or where I can start? I have disconnected the trunk box and tried it with and without the box plugged in. Nothing. Anyway, I'm hoping someone might have a light bulb come on or whatever.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
I love a mystery. I just put on a luggage rack on my 08 last week. My bulb is on, but I'm not getting much in the way of illumination from it yet.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Not a techie, but it almost seems like something got "pinched" in the process of installing the trunk rack. Check the wires in the trunk for anything that may be out of place.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Perhaps our resident electrical wizard trike lady has an idea of what to look for.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts