Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,443 Posts
Interesting & they don't really look stupid like the electric cars. Good Post Larry.

Even more interesting my Honda dealer is a dealer for them as well.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10 years ago I invested in a "power assisted" bicycle made by Merida in France. It could go 20 miles if you pedaled along at 20 mph and if you just rode on the thing, you could go 7 or 8 miles, depending on how much seat you have. I used it quite a bit, but when I moved to the country, it was too far for the bike. Now that I am back in the city, it would be a good option. I paid $1,000 for the bike.

These look pretty good.... but you could buy a fleet of scooters with what their asking. Break even on the fuel savings would be about 2022.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
I see where they offer a "quick charge" kit for extra $$. Wonder how quickly you can charge one of those bikes on 115v.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see where they offer a "quick charge" kit for extra $$. Wonder how quickly you can charge one of those bikes on 115v.
There is some info for that under power systems:

Charge time (standard)6.0 hours (100% charged) / 5.3 hours (95% charged) 9.0 hours (100% charged) / 8.0 hours (95% charged)

Quick 2x charger time (accessory)
3.0 hours (100% charged) / 2.7 hours (95% charged) 4.9 hours (100% charged) / 4.0 hours (95% charged)

Quick 3x charger time (accessory)
2.2 hours (100% charged) / 1.8 hours (95% charged) 3.1 hours (100% charged) / 2.7 hours (95% charged)

Quick 4x charger time (accessory)
1.8 hours (100% charged) / 1.3 hours (95% charged) 2.4 hours (100% charged) / 2.0 hours (95% charged

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
i'll stay with gasoline power, even if it has ethanol in it. i went to an electric vehicle show last year. i talked to a guy that had converted his ford ranger to all electric power. said he got about 95 miles per charge. down to 75 with the a/c on and in the winter with the radio,heat, and lights on 65 miles. i also bleave that the power grid cannot support having a bunch of electric cars plugged in during high demand times, your state ever have a rolling black or brownout

·
Super Moderator
7,665 Posts
I really don't think there is any savings with electric vehicles, think of what your home electric bills is going to be every time you charge it.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
Some folks would plug it in at work!
some ford facilitys have a charging station for electric vehicles but it must be a company vehicle not your personal ride

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I wonder if the trade off would be high maintenance cost???? I like the idea with my 50 mile round trip to work.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
some ford facilitys have a charging station for electric vehicles but it must be a company vehicle not your personal ride
This bike, the battery pack comes off of the bike and can go inside. I will have the charging station under my desk at work.

Free commute!

(I work from home.)

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if the trade off would be high maintenance cost???? I like the idea with my 50 mile round trip to work.
The estimated road life of the battery / engine system is 200,000 miles. According to the website.

The dual sport will go 115 miles on a charge and will go 80 miles per hour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts