Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems EFINREF is out and about attempting his first Iron Butt Ride. He texted me several times over the day and called me a awhile ago. He was at the 800 mile mark and with only 200 to go he is doing well.
He seemed really determined to complete this ride. I would like to be the first to applaud his attempt and success...I know he will finish this ride.
It is the desire to compete against ourselves...especially when we are told we can't do it....:D

Way to go ......:cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Best of luck Ref. Be safe...

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Here's hoping it is completed without issue. WTG Efinref!

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Well done, EFINREF!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Congrats Phil ,now come work for
Me so I can ride

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
phil should have completed his IBA by now

·
Administrator
28,998 Posts
Excellent job by our Ref.:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Here is a short report: I will post a full report (with a few pics) later.

I left at 4:31 am Central and rolled in at 2:05 am.
Total Mileage 1091.1
What a ride...I was on interstate about 1/2 the time which slowed me down. I only average about 60mph.
Great ride but one of the best things was when I opened my computer and I saw this page. You guys are great. Thanks

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Really glad it went well. Good on ya. I've thought about it but not really given it a try. My best is a little over 600 miles but mostly sticking to state hwys.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Really glad it went well. Good on ya. I've thought about it but not really given it a try. My best is a little over 600 miles but mostly sticking to state hwys.
About 50% was state highways. I just let my GPS do the talking. When it sent me through some unsavory villages I didn't like it so much. For the most part it was awesome.

·
Administrator
28,998 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Here is a short report: I will post a full report (with a few pics) later.

Total Mileage 1091.1
What a ride...I was on interstate about 1/2 the time which slowed me down. I only average about 60mph.
Great ride but one of the best things was when I opened my computer and I saw this page. You guys are great. Thanks
Glad you're back Phil.

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
Congrats REF. Hows the callouses?:D

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Welcome to the club! :D
Hope we get it done again in July!!

·
Registered
245 Posts

Total Mileage 1091.1
Great Job! So, a few hours have gone by, where are the pics?

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts