Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So are any of you Edmonton area folks (I know there's at least a few) taking part in tomorrow's Ride-for-Dad (in support of prostate cancer research)? I'm registered, but between never having ridden in a big ride (1000+ riders expected) and the forecasters talking thundershowers, I gotta admit I'm a little aprehensive.

Hope the forecast is wrong (but I doubt it). If I don't chicken out I'll try and put a picture or two here.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Go and enjoy a good ride for a great cause. Ride safe and post those pics...

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Enjoy the ride. Put on the thermals, wet weather gear and go. The camera may need a zip bag. I don't think Ron's go anywhere bag is going to cut it though. Eric

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Wish I could join in but with my trip to BC coming up I'm working on the RC tomorrow bleeding brake and clutch lines, and changing oil after I get the wheels back on. I've been on these types of runs before like the Ride For Sight and they're always a really good gig.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hah! The weatherman goofed!! It was a great day until mid afternoon when we ran into a little shower but all in all - great day (although there was a small tornado about 2hrs SE of us).

Anyway these first pics are at the start:

(and yes, that's my finger, sigh...)

Those clouds look far more menacing in the photo than they did for real. They cleared off quite quickly after I took the photos.

And one of myself in the group as we drove through the city where I live (route passed through town here):

(That's me with the neon green stripes)

All in all it was a lot of fun. Last year they had over 1200 bikes but this year they were down to 734 - most likely due to all the weather forecasters predicting the end of the world today (well, solid thunderstorms anyway). Still, they did manage to raise more money than the previous year and presented the local cancer research institute a cheque for $201,000.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Well done Kerry, I knew you could do it and you didn't need the zip bags for the camera. Just as well you told me that you had the green on your jacket because I was having a hard time picking you out of of all those bike's. 734 bike's in one place is something that I have never seen. And the finger in the photo looked like a dust storm moving in. But it is the wrong country for that. Thanks for the photo.s and attending. Eric

·
Administrator
15,296 Posts
I thought the finger might have been a UFO....
Great pics glad you had a good time and the weatherman lied. Usually they are wrong the other way but today worked out for both of us.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Nice pics Kerry (yeah except for that one). Glad that Mother Nature cooperated. Although it would have made for some more interesting pics. Can you imagine the action shots of riders of 734 bikes putting raingear on?:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts