Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you local GWOF members (Alberta Central locals anyway) the Edmonton bike show starts tomorrow noon. I'm going (hey it's part of my job right?) to be there a good portion of the day. I'll be the bearded red-head in the black Honda shirt (not the official show shirt 'cause I'm not a city dealer) oggling absolutely everything worth oggling. And yes I'll be frequenting the Honda section taking pictures and talking to folks in general, but not in an 'official' capacity...can't afford to offend the big boys doncha know. But anyhoo, if any of you plan to go, feel free to come up to me and we'll have a b.s. session or grab a cup, whatever. I have some other contacts there too: UTV Canada (ATV and SxS accessories), the Polaris/Victory guys are my pals and associates in the snow and off-road game, and a bunch of the aftermarket distributors as well.
There's a few things new on the Honda front, but nothing real big this year (next year will be better with the new GL model in full splendor, whatever that is).
I should have posted this up a week ago, but I never thought (duh) but here's hoping I can run into some of you. If not, maybe we can get together come spring and get a ride in somehow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
edmonton bike show

Yup, we will be there.The wife has a 3hour shift volunteering at the
CTEC booth. I will be wandering around so hopefully will see you there

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll actually be there before the show opens, but I'm hanging around for a good part of the day (til mid afternoon anyway). What time is your wife's shift?

·
Registered
73 Posts
We will be there right at Noon or a few min before so she can get her pass. She is working 12-3pm.
After her shift she will want to do a walk about. She is looking for warm gloves.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, another one is in the books come and gone. I spent a lot of time loking at the new BMW 6 and while it's a gorgeous bike, it isn't a head to head for the Wing. More like a trump on the FJR, Connie, and ST bikes really. Nothing real new from Victory or HD either. The new Honda CB1000 is quite the street-fighter, it has a reworked 1000rr engine and should be a screamer. The CBR250 is a great looking bike and should be a solid choice for those looking at the 250 Ninja.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I was helping out in the Toronto show (International centre) last weekend. I was in the GWTA (Gold Wing Touring Association) booth. I hope the show is as busy as it was last week here.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Nothing new to report from the Washington D.C. show. They did have a rather large display area set up for the Tourmaster Gear for woman riders only. Bell Helmets ( I know cheap ) had a display and a purchase counter. The other Helmet vendors were just displaying their line. If the Mrs. had come along I could have walked out with two Pearl White matching helmets. I did , however, leave with a free Progressive tote bag and chap-stick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts